What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "green been" Cactus

Here is a cactus that my roommate got as a cutting. We like to call it the green been cactus, but does anyone know what it really is?

9ci5L.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is a cactus and not a euphorb, but other than that I'm stumped

Haha. It kind of looks like Austrocylindropuntia subulata.

Last edited:
Thanks

thank you so much. I was delighted to find out that a common name for it was asparagus cactus. I guess we weren't too far off

Here's mine, in the garage waiting for frost free days. Started from a small cutting perhaps six inches it now stands a bit over five feet. Never has bloomed though. I met a couple recently who pulled a tarp off of a potted plant on their porch and showed me theirs, perhaps five times a big as mine with maybe five growing tips. It has about a 2 foot by four foot footprint. http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff448/pearldiver6/IMGP6111.jpg

What a bizzarre plant. How is it on secondary growth, since ours had a period with little light it looks a little clubby now, and is very skinny in the middle?

Back