What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those whom I did not torture with these pics earlier ...

or at least just wait for them to come out with a color you like :p

i really don't see what the big deal is. It's a stupid plant, get over it.. don't buy one if you don't like it. jeez..

Aesthestics aside, the"BIG DEAL", Milli, is that it is deceitful marketing/false advertising. You cannot simply ASSUME John Q Public will know that the plants "had to have been painted". We all know that people who are not heavily into plants are ignorant of many plant related topics.

Case in point, I have run into numerous people who do not realized that the blue phalanopsis orchids are dyed. They buy the plant thinking that it will continue to flower blue throughout the plant's life -- not knowing that it will later produce plain white blooms. Though perhaps the marketers have recently ponied up and changed their plant tags to inform buyers of the truth (and I would not be at all surprised if they have not done so), I do know when the plants first came out they said nothing of the kind. This is false advertising. There is no excuse.

I have not had the displeasure of seeing these painted travesties (the succulents) in person (counting myself lucky there), but I do wonder if the tags on these succulents make it clear that the plants have been painted. If the tags are clear on the subject, then so be it -- the buyer knows what they are getting. If not, then these vendors are bilking customers.

Back