What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lithops in Bloom

Perfect!! And to answer your questions:
(1) Water exclusively with a spray bottle. I'd leave the mix to dry for at least a week before even thinking of adding a single drop to that plant. Then, watch when it wrinkles, maybe once every 3-4 weeks. That's when you spritz it. There are a lot of good mesemb guides on the internet but I don't have time to find em right this minute. I'll try to come back later.
(2) Everything Lithops do, they do slowly. By the time it flowers you will have had a month to see it coming. Trust me.

Perfect!! And to answer your questions:
(1) Water exclusively with a spray bottle. I'd leave the mix to dry for at least a week before even thinking of adding a single drop to that plant. Then, watch when it wrinkles, maybe once every 3-4 weeks. That's when you spritz it. There are a lot of good mesemb guides on the internet but I don't have time to find em right this minute. I'll try to come back later.
(2) Everything Lithops do, they do slowly. By the time it flowers you will have had a month to see it coming. Trust me.

I'll check a few of them out. By spritz, should I spritz it until water comes out the bottom or just enough to wet the top of the mix (or something in between)?
Thanks for all the help already!

John, if learning more about growing mesembs is of great interest to you, I would suggest you look for books and articles by Steve Hammer -- considered by many to be THE authority on these lil gems. While I have not read it myself, I have heard some great reviews of his book "The Art of Growing Mesembs" by folks I know.

John, if learning more about growing mesembs is of great interest to you, I would suggest you look for books and articles by Steve Hammer -- considered by many to be THE authority on these lil gems. While I have not read it myself, I have heard some great reviews of his book "The Art of Growing Mesembs" by folks I know.

If you are growing mesembs, the art of growing mesembs is a PHENOMENAL resource. Here is a link to it, where it can be read for free. Mickaël Legrand
Another great resource is "the new growing mesembs" by Ed storms. That volume is especially valuable for its many gorgeous and informative color photos of almost every genus

Last edited:
Back