What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desert Rose pest id

Hey guys. What do you thing this is? Mealy bugs? Powdery mildew? Will a 3 in 1 pest control work on this, or will it be too harsh on the plant? I'm usually pretty good about pest control but this is a new specimen for me and I didn't check it thoroughly when I bought it :(
fa7862edef6dcc087f1d9f19f40f6ee6.jpg

f2e4953b33adcd437786720e2e9de848.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

looks like you have mealybugs. you might also have spider mites based on stippling on top of leaves and the webbing......

Definitely mealybugs. You can see an adult female on the stem in the first picture.

I concur -- mealybugs definitely and, as has been pointed out, spidermites as well.

Keep it plant isolated (assuming you don't simply return it). A systemic would be my choice -- after first spraying it down with rubbing alcohol and wiping the corpses off of it.

When I get home I will immediately clean it with isopropyl alcohol, spray it with Natria 3-in-1, and quarantine it. Unfortunately I bought this weeks ago from a very far vendor and just kinda shoved it in a window with some other plants, so I cant return.

Can this plant handle 40 degree temps with a likely colder wind chill? Its "warming up this week" to highs of 55-65 and lows of low 40s, I would really like leave it outside because of the pesticides.

Last edited:
I left mine outside over night a week ago and it got down to the lower to mid 30s and it killed a huge part of main stem.. I don't think it likes anything below 50, so I have read and witnessed...

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

I left mine outside over night a week ago and it got down to the lower to mid 30s and it killed a huge part of main stem.. I don't think it likes anything below 50, so I have read and witnessed...

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk
Yes. I have seen both 40 and 50 as the lows in my research. I guess ill spray it and bring it in before I go to bed. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Back