What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lithops questions

This is my second season growing this lithops. I always have a little trouble coaxing it to absorb it's old leaves. I believe it is L. aucampie. I have tried withholding water, but this seems only to stall the plant. Water causes growth, but also feeds the old leaves to some degree. Any tips?

I haven't watered mine in months and it just finished reabsorbing the leaf, I've got no clue what to do now hahaha

I've managed to get mine I grew from seed to last over a year now and absorb old leaves, SFL guy I reckon you need to water yours, have the old leaves turned to a thin paper like thing. Cwatson is it possible that the media is retaining too much moisture? Be good to hear from more experienced growers as I am guessing my way through growing these too

I've managed to get mine I grew from seed to last over a year now and absorb old leaves, SFL guy I reckon you need to water yours, have the old leaves turned to a thin paper like thing. Cwatson is it possible that the media is retaining too much moisture? Be good to hear from more experienced growers as I am guessing my way through growing these too
Yup, I'm gonna wait a bit longer, see what it does

I'm still struggling with learning to grow Lithops too, but from what I've read, no water once you see the two leaves start to split for the new ones to grow. This can be months, 4 or more. Once flowering occurs, then you can resume watering.

Back