What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cactus question

I hadmy cacutfor over a couple of weeks and i am wondering I woke up looked at the cactus and the needles are brown just some of them and in sted of being strat and yellow they are brown and going in different direction I have 1 flourisint light 20watts over and some other cp's, never one had I had a cactus did it turn yellowneedles into brown I bought it from English Gardens they said its in dorment, this cactus hasme consirened I have not had a cactus in a long time and mybe i am watering wrong how much is inof, I don't know hat kind of cactus it is I have not grown them i a while it has yellow needles sticking out of what looks like little balls of cotton and its green with lighter green in some spots does that help. Please tell me Whats wrong is this normall for this kind of species?
confused.gif
confused.gif
smile.gif

I know very little about cacti, but I have one, and I have noticed that as the parts of the cactus matures, the needles turn brown. The baby, or new spikes are often light in color, either yellow or beige. I have noticed that some of my spikes are bent or broken, and this is from it being mis-handled. When the arms hit against the window, it breaks the spikes.

thanks for your eply it got way better in the past week.
biggrin.gif

Back