What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

haworthia-succulent

i have a haworthia in a pot right now, but i want to plant it in my leopard gecko's tank. it has black calci sand as the substrate, so can i plant it in there? there is about an inch of sand. i already know devils backbone can be planted, but im wondering if my haworthia or any other live plant can be directly planted onto the sand. thanks

[topic moved from general noncarnivores room to cacti/succulents room]

I have grown Haworthia in everything from straight sand to dry long fiber moss. I have found the only way to kill them is to overwater them. If you learn of a way to kill them off let me know, lol. I gave one to an old boss who left it unwatered on a desk with no supplemental light, The plant was still there 3 years after I gave it to the boss, and might be there still. I quit that job. The point is, I think the plant would do fine in the terrarium:)

Back