What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lithops

Where can I get a lithop?
confused.gif

I was just talking to my friend about lithops and he told me that he would like some because he never heard of such a thing , he will trade a cutting of any type of cactus that you can think of espeacially the types that can make fruit and the ones that when you cut a milky looking liquid comes out . he would probably like a bag of seeds of different types of these that would be able to make a patch of it.

A good source may be found in Bob Smoley's Gardenworld, try a web search for his catalog.

Garden centers often carry them as novelty items like VFTs, with their succulents... I got mine at my work...

Can't remeber the name of the website but there is a HUGE website on lithops that has just about any kind you can think of. I don't know the URL but I'm sure someone does.
smile.gif

- nrbelex

Brett

Try doing a search on oldmancactus. They have a wonderful selection of Lithops, and I found it very easy to place orders with them.

Also, my local Lowe's just started carrying them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 29 2002,12:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where can I get a lithop?
confused.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
That's a very good question...i'm looking for seed myself, if I run into any links i'll post 'em for you guys.

Hi!

I have several.... I want to trade them for CPs which I dont have yet... Please ask for my growlist (via E-Mail) for more info.

Greets,

Marco

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vertigo @ Feb. 10 2003,12:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's a very good question...i'm looking for seed myself, if I run into any links i'll post 'em for you guys.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
You can try Mesa Garden for both plants and seed (they have a huge selection) and don't limit youself to Lithops - give Conophytums a try, too
smile.gif

I bought some seeds on Ebay. They are small, but growing well. I think I paid around $3.50 for them.

Dont buy them from ebay, stop by your local LOWES, or home depo, or Franks Nursery or walnut ridge, they will definatly have lithops.

Mesa Gardens definately has the best variety of seed for the many lithops out there.

Back