What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh crap!

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
It takes me close to 3hrs to take all my cacti outside. So what happens it drops down to mid 30's at night and highs of 50 at best. I don't think it will kill them but it puts a damper on new shoot growth. Not to mention after 6+ months my banana palm finally unfurled a new leaf and began growth and PPPPLLLLTTTTT
tounge.gif
Now the new leaves are starting to turn brown from the cold. This stupid NE weather. We have a saying here: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change."

Life must go on !

Joe

i refuse to put my plants outside at all for this reason, the weather here is way to variable and the wind is terrible. just this week we went from 75 on sunday to rain, hail, sleet and "thunder snow" on monday night(this is an experiance in its self) to a nice continuous, not gusting 40 mph wind, and gusts that had to be pushing 70 with snow tuesday during the day and its supposed to hit 70 today. unreal.

Rattler

Had strange weather here yesterday too! I was standing on the back porch, enjoying the sunshine and 50°f temp, when it starts to snow. That only lasted about 5 minutes, but geeezze! I want spring back!

BCK

Snow, what snow?
biggrin.gif

Isn't Australia great.

sure you have no snow but arent you knee deep in venomous snakes?
tounge.gif

Rattler

Does it ever snow in Australia?

rock.gif

Joe

they have mountains so ofcourse they have snow. not sure about low altitudes but parts should be far enough south that they might.

Rattler

Back