What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloe arborescens

Hello,

We have several large bushes of Aloe Arborescens. I pulled out some of the numerous shoots from the base. How do I root it?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

aloearbor.jpg

Let the end dry for several days then insert it in soil. I don't even use rooting hormone and they almost always root. You should probably wait a bit before watering them to prevent rotting.

DOH... They are already in damp potting soil... Should I dig em up and let them dry for a while?

DOH... They are already in damp potting soil... Should I dig em up and let them dry for a while?

uhm, that was WIERD! Delete the extras please LOL

Hmmm......That was weird, like a broken record. You should dig them up to dry out. All cactus and succulent need to dry a bit after cutting. You should also not water for a week after you put them in the soil, they need to settle first. They do root very easily if you remember to do these things.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]DOH... They are already in damp potting soil... Should I dig em up and let them dry for a whil

LOL.. At first I though "oh, Spec just made another double post..." then cam the "What the?" I think the mods are too busy laughing
smile_n_32.gif

Back