What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistance needed in identification

• Thread starter larkygal
  • Start date
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I must have that first one... Looks like a mutated gourd with a bad hair day

Spec, how are you able to view them?

copy and paste into the address bar, jimscott.

All are Opuntia cacti. The second one looks very etiolated. I can't give you species names though, sorry.

I dunno, Talmin never seen the likes of these before. The secont one looks familiar but i cant recall its name... it looks related to the thornless prikely pear to me.

There are large numbers of cacti species with very restricted ranges. Some are decimated by plant pochers every year, others are almost completely unknown in cultivation. It they could be anything. Add to this knowlege the fact that there are unusual cultivaters out there, and some of those cultivaters are very, very rare. I dont know if youll ever find out what all of them are.

1) hard to tell, it has been grown in very poor light during dormancy. Guess: Cephalocereus senilis
2) Opuntia microdasys var. alba / or 'Bunny Ears'
3)Cylindropuntia subulata

The first cactus will never look nice after that. That is why they need dormancy, otherwise you get spindly weak growth.

Joe

Clint: It works just fine with the pc at work. My pc at home doesnt respond when hitting 'go'

Spec: Thanks for the help.

I see the pics just fine, both with and without the hyperlink. Gotta love the education I am getting with pc's and cp's!
smile.gif

Back