What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Separating "earth star"

mabudon

Metal King
I have a variegated "earth Star" succulent (sorry scientific name escapes me, looks like a spiderplant crossed with a sansiveria) that I want to separate, it is small but badly overgrown...
I'm imagining that just cutting the rosettes off and rooting them normally should be alright but I'm not totally sure... it's not mine which is why I want to ask to make sure
biggrin.gif

Anyone??

Sure thing.  Cryptanthus flower, and then offset like any Bromelliad.  After the pups grow awhile they basically just lift off the parent rosette and are placed in the mix and treated just the same. I never have had to cut or use rootone.  Removal often stimulates another crop of pups so don't be too quick toss the mother plant.

Thanks Tamlin, I was pretty sure that was the deal, the tiny pot it's in is one dead "bowl" in the middle surrounded by offshoots, looks like way too much for the space it has
smile.gif

The hairy roots kinda put me off....

Back