What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. northiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ok ok. hold up now. the northiana that this guy is offering is unrooted. i think its a good idea that its unrooted because it may die in transit. but neps, how easy is this to root? and how big are the cuttings? any pics? u do have a good point to share them instead of throwing them i the trash but i personaly think you may have all the nepenthes that everyone has. is there something in paticular that you are looking for? the northiana is somewhat common on the market but not that size and thats what makes it rare because anyone that doent know how to take car of this will of course, kill it because of the inexperience. how often do you repot, i must know:O

I will repeat my earlier prediction-

"Oh how heads will roll"

I figured it would go ugly, but perhaps quicker than I expected.  I suppose this is why people don't often pubicly offer pieces of their rare collections any more.  It's really sad.  I have been guilty in the past of being involved with a difficult situation like this, but it was more a manner of untimely payment (due to a situation far out of my control), than outright disrespecting someone kind enough to go through the trouble of  trying to spread his collection to other growers.  Neps and others like him certainly don't have o do this, and often don't for the reasons we have seen.  If it sounds like I'm sucking up, maybe I was a little bit ( shame on me
smile_h_32.gif
), but now I'm not because this is getting rediculous
mad.gif
.  I sugdest the parties involved be content and polite, and simply end the despute, as it will assuredly lead to NOWHERE.  We should all be thankful that we were given the oprotunity to partake in such a rare oprotunty, and sad that now such oprotunities may not come to us again because of the selfish actions of a few people
smile_h_32.gif
.  Please lay this to rest, and learn from it!
blues.gif

Yah, it is a fine line... But the rule is, you may offer a trade and PRIVATELY accept money for it. You may NOT post that you are selling something... Also, I agree that posting a private message like that was not cool.
confused.gif
Expecially when he has done nothing wrong. In the future, if you think something is happening that shouldn't be please bring it to the attention of a mod. And remember too that Tony was a mod and only asked to be removed from the list. He knows the rules and what should be going on, so give him some respect also. As far as the memeber "neps" goes, I don't know him. But I think it is great that he brings such material to the forum, and wish he not remove us from his thoughts when such material is available. Remember, it is his stuff... He could only accept a 1968 Camaro for a cutting of a plant if he wants. If you think his requests are too extravagent, simply thank him for the offer of material... and move on.
I hope this can go a little more "nice" from here.....
Thanks all... And to you Tony from kicking in when you have time. You know we appricate your help.
smile.gif

andrew

Out of line, O71. Way out of line.

Quote out of your message:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (Outsiders71 @ Sep. 24 2005,5:59)

I'm sorry you don't have time to "waste" negotiating a CP trade on a trading forum.  I will tactically withdrawl from your trade because 1) you offer something that I don't necessarily need/want 2) I can get it from someone with a better attitude

Then why the hell were you even interested in it?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1) you offer something that I don't necessarily need/want

Where the frig do you come from, more like a personal attack on Neps if you didn't even want the plant to begin with and then cause all this mayhem!

If I was out of the line I'm sorry and apologize, but I do not see what I did as wrong.

I wasn't aware that it was wrong to ask the person who is offering a trade for what he wants, or that this is wrong. I figured that instead of listing what I have, that it would be easier for him to list what he is looking for to see if I have it or not. Maybe Tony or someone needs to put that instruction in a sticky.

I don't even understand why this became such a big deal. I was just simply posting to alert people interested in this cutting that the offer was $75 and $5 for shipping.

I never said the cutting was overpriced. I never even said that he was violating the rules nor insulted him about it. When he sent me the message I said there was no sales allowed in the trading forum, that's it.

I just think it's ridiculous that all the blame is being pointed in my direction. I think it's selfish that instead of seeing where I'm coming from that some of you have insulted me for what..? Because this person has rare neps that you want? Why don't you think over your motives before posting. If you want to continue business with this person, that is your business and not mine. I could careless. I was just simply informing people who wanted info on this trade, that a dollar amount was needed. If by notifying the people about this, and this has breeched the trading rules, that is not my fault.

Tony: I didn't put words in your mouth. You need to backoff and think why you are attacking me. It has nothing to do with the rules and you know it, nor the posting of the PM's. What did that expose anyways? Maybe it exposed a side of Neps that you don't want to see.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I was just simply informing people who wanted info on this trade, that a dollar amount was needed.

Wrong! Jeff stated he wanted trade offers first and as a last resort money. And why would you care what other people need to know? I think Jeff clearly stated what he offered and I think people can figure it out if they want a trade or don't. If I offered up some,lets say D. spathulata and wanted a trade for a D. scorpiodes, you messaged me and I say I want something else instead, you're going to go post that i want a D. capensis now instead? Who cares, you didn't trade it's over man, leave that topic, no need to reply saying that i changed my mind or whatelse or "inform" others. But anyways, you're out of line for posting a private conversation, thats not kosher in my book.

We see just fine, O71. For some reason you fail to see what is going on here and seem to not want to admit that perhaps you were a little hasty. I do not even raise neps, have no interest in raising a single one, but recognize a heartfelt good offer when it is put up. Every mod here, even those of us who do not raise neps, understand the reason behind this offer, and it IS NOT for profit only, but to help get some fantastic material out there. We understand where you are coming from too, but also see the other side. Not important. Let it go, and let those who wish to deal with Neps, deal with Neps. Next time, O71, come to a mod first before you drop a bomb on the forums, and cause disruption. For get it. We are not mad at you or Neps, so drop it, and move on. This is a dead argument, so let it die. BTW, Though I do not raise Neps, This fellow you are "dissing" on has a stellar reputation in the field, and that he is an honest and trustworthy guy. You listen when some one in this field is thought highly of, because there are not many of them. Neps for one, and my friend, Joe Mazrimas is the other.

I have nothing more to really add to this, and just like you said it's dead. I just want to say again I'm sorry for causing any problems. I was honestly just trying to inform people that he was asking for money for a cutting. Not so much to point and say he's breaking the trading rules, but to inform what is needed to recieve one of these.

I personally feel that he was unprofessional towards me, and that makes me sad to hear since he is considered to be one of the top people in that growing field. Anyways continue on with your trades this has gone on long enough. Sorry again and peace.

P.S.
I want to clear up a misunderstanding. I haven't really kept track of this thread until I made that initial post. I was keeping track of the trade through PM. Whatever info he posted was therefore after the fact and I didn't read. I now can see why some of you have jumped on my case and I apologize. However it is not my fault that you assumed I went through all of this (was a 3 page thread when I posted) and then posted. Sorry.

O71, I'll tell you why I'm 'attacking' you.  Even after mods have posted that they think you are wrong, you still seem to feel a need to argue this.  Let me give you my take:

1) It is not your business to 'alert' members of what is supposedly going on by openly posting this.  We are all mature enough to decide if we can afford this or not.

2) As Andrew noted, even if you thought it was wrong, you should have privately contacted a mod so that they could handle it.

3) You posted a private conversation that did not help your case--bad form, and makes YOU look bad.

4)  You continue to insult mods and others by questioning their motives.

Here is my motivation for posting this.  If you cannot see that you are the one who should 'back off' and that no one supports you, then I will tell you what this continual 'last wording' will do for you.  Everyone who reads this will remember you for not having the sense to gracefully drop this issue.  Please do so now so that we all can continue to enjoy having you as a member of the forums.

P.S.  It looks like from your last post that you are being concilatory at this point--thank you!

ATTN: anyone still reading this for the original topic message neps with PMs don't reply here!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

HOLY $H*#!!! CAN'T A MOD LOCK THIS TOPIC ALREADY?!?!?!

I thought this whole thing was over on page 3!!! For 2 whole pages, fc3 is the only person who has had anything to say relating to the trade!!!

SOMEBODY LOCK IT NOW!!!

-D. Lybrand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back