What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. flava seed

JBL

Just plucked a couple more pods.  These are from S. flava plants obtained from Rone Lane.  As many of you know, Ron is an excellent grower with great plants.  At first, I thought this was S. flava var. maxima because it is very green--no coloring on outside of pitchers or top of hood.  But in STRONG light, there is very scant, red veins on inside of throat, but no splotch.  

The plant is vigorous, but my seed set was not so great.  I self crossed this plant so the seedlings should be pure S. flava, but who knows what flava color variation will be seen in phenotype.  I have no location data, and seeds are very limited.  The first FIVE people to PM me will receive about 30 seeds in return for SASE.  I hope that will be enough to get a few decent plants in cultivation.

EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE WRITE S. FLAVA IN LOWER LEFT CORNER OF YOUR SASE. THIS WILL AVOID CONFUISON WITH SEED I'M SENDING TO OTHERS.

Me too!
~Joe

PM'd ya!

All spoken for! I'll get back to each of you real soon!

Back