What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Available for s.a.s.e

schloaty

Staff member
Hi all,

I have an abundance of rooster comb seeds. I can fill probably at least 30 orders, so just reply here and send a sases to me:

17 Nash Rd.
North Salem, NY 10560

Plant details:
-Annuals that grow up to 5' high (in good soil)
-need at least 1/2 day sun for optimal growth
-One-stalk plant so, while tall, they don't take up a lot of room in a flower bed
-Bright magenta flower heads begin to appear in late summer that can be as big as a basket ball (very impressive when this size!). I've heard it said that it looks a little like coral. Last until the end of the season.
-no special needs - can take short dry spells fairly well, doesn't mind heat waves or cool spells.
-A freeze will kill seeds, so they must be stored inside untill you either a) sow in a pot or b) sow in the ground after the last frost. These plants do produce an insane amount of seeds (worse than capensis).

Generally a very cool garden plant!

But does it catch bugs?
biggrin.gif

I'll take some. Put me on the list.

-Rail

they would make a good addition to my garden in front of my house. put me on the list.

I will try some. Sending SASE.
Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But does it catch bugs?  
Jimscott, Jimscott, Jimscott.  Reading is fundamental.  See secondary subject line: "Non CP."
smile_n_32.gif

Edit:

Come on, Folks! Come 'N get 'em!

Just got 'em in, Thanks schloaty!!! I've been looking but I can't find any info on how to grow these plants from seed. Are there any websites you know of that would help me out?

-Rail

Hey CopcarFC, don't know about any web sights....But you don't need one. They're a cinch. Just sow in normal potting soil by sprinkling them on top of the soil. They're so easy, that in May (about a month late for planting around here) I tossed some off of my deck....and got bunch of sprouts that grew into great flowers (that are just now dieing with our first frosts).

Back