What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby black widows

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    baby
Umm...if you just had the mama spider...how did you get babies? Was she knocked up when you got her or do they make their own babies? Or were you performing some diabolical experiments we don't know about?
confused.gif

It is after all almost All Hallow's Eve and some mighty strange things go on around this time of year...

i wouldnt mind having one or two.....lol..i am sure my mother would love it also...lol..well..i will see if i can talk her into this one..and i will have to do some research.

thanks

Brad

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 27 2005,3:28)]Umm...if you just had the mama spider...how did you get babies?  Was she knocked up when you got her or do they make their own babies?  Or were you performing some diabolical experiments we don't know about?  
confused.gif

It is after all almost All Hallow's Eve and some mighty strange things go on around this time of year...
They might all have little Ozzy heads...  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I see. The face only a mother could love.

LOL "Help meeee, help meeee!!"
blackwidozzy.jpg

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Thank you, PAK. I'll have nightmares for a month! The comment I made above about the face only a mother could love??---I rest my case! LOL!!!!

What??! I think its a new species. Arachnisapiens marktoddicus.
biggrin.gif

Better yet, Latrodecosapien mactans Norte Carolinus var. Markustoddicus. SAY IT 5 TIMES REAL FAST!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 28 2005,11:41)]LOL  "Help meeee, help meeee!!"
blackwidozzy.jpg

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Hey i dont have any that look like that here hhhhhmmmmmmmm must be some type new species...  
smile_n_32.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!!!
smile_n_32.gif
 I will remember to check my next batch of baby blackwidows to see if they look like that... LOL!!!!!!
smile_m_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 27 2005,3:28)]Umm...if you just had the mama spider...how did you get babies? Was she knocked up when you got her or do they make their own babies? Or were you performing some diabolical experiments we don't know about?
confused.gif

They call them black widows for a reason. Daddy dies after mating. He gets eating by the femaley spider.

I know to many women who would like to model themselves after this spider.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cynic81 @ Oct. 26 2005,10:30)]Plus with black widows I've heard you can only get the anti-venom ONCE. If you get bitten again, you're quite boned.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
As opposed to mildly boned?

The male doesn't always die after mating, only if the female is hungry. Mantises also do this, I think?

Mantises are fun to keep as pets, too. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any here in recent years.

-D. Lybrand

It's a good thing I haven't been reading this thread, I thought people here liked me.
smile_h_32.gif

Anyway babies have hatched and now I got to figure out what to do with them.

is ther any basic care instructions for a black widow?

thanks

Brad

I guess, just like a normal spider. Put it in a terraium, with grass or sticks, let it make a web and add fruitflies or catch moths. That's what I need when I used to raise spiders.

Did the babies have little Ozzy heads on them?
biggrin.gif

Back