What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby black widows

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    baby

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
My Black widow has made an egg sac. Nothing has hatched yet but would anybody be interested in some?

OH heck no!!!

um id love an adult, but lil babies who have the mortality rate of a hamster in a microwave, no thank you oh adn they aren't soooooooooo bad, most bites dont even result in intoxication

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]most bites dont even result in intoxication

No intoxication? you mean I got all they red rotting sores for nothing?

confused.gif

I stand my ground
smile.gif
They are by far too common around here already. :-\

But these are eastern black widows.

No thanks buddy, but I have a list of people you can send mine to.
biggrin.gif

Baby spiders are perfect for Nepenthes.

Brian

But not extremely poisonous, possibly life threatening ones
smile_m_32.gif

LOL, just squish deys little heads before you feed the plants. The poison enzymes will be digested along with everything else. Black widows don't kill everything.

I'm talking about me, not the plants
confused.gif
!

Is it even legal to ship what is considered a dangerous spider by post?

alhtough im into spiders big time and have kept and raised blackwidows over the yrs i dont need um and we have plenty out here in the woods. Now i just have the BW's as tats on my body thats good enough for me at this time...
smile_m_32.gif
As far as shipping you have to make sure no one knows whats being sent in the box except who there going to you can list them as harmless insects and dont tell the delivery service what is really in the box thats a huge NO NO..

actually im not sure on the shipping. i think they fall under "what no one knows doesnt hurt them". i know Mark M. Lucus, who deals in lots of imported and domestic inverts ships, i think, all potentially life threatening species through Delta which is also the only legal way to ship venomous snakes. however i think that is just his personal practice with the inverts and ive seen others advertise other ways of shipping. however species like emperor scorps and tarantulas are shipped via FedEx or UPS i think.

Oz, dont ship the lil buggers to anyone under 18, the liabilty issues are enough to give a hardened lawyer the shakes
smile_n_32.gif

oh, the rotting is sooo recluse not widow, huge vast amounts of pain is the black widows intoxicaton
smile.gif

7santiago, that would be toxification. Intoxication is being drunk.

Plus with black widows I've heard you can only get the anti-venom ONCE. If you get bitten again, you're quite boned.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Maybe you can arrange an international trade for some tsetse flies. Just hope they don't cross paths along the journey.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 27 2005,9:49)]...for some tsetse flies...
hell no! these flies.....man.... the stuff i heard.... pretty sad
blues.gif

Back