What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are all the D. scopiodes gemmae gone?

OH OH PM'd you i sure hope you have some left. I always miss the chance to get some..
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Dec. 18 2005,1:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I still have plenty of D. scorpioides gemmae to give away.

Dang, how much more do you have?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
laugh.gif
I don't know
smile_n_32.gif
! I have a little condiment container that has a bunch of gemmae in it. And while I'll admit to being somewhat anal retentive, I've never had the compulsion to spend a half hour counting them
smile_k_ani_32.gif
. If I were to guestimate I'd have to say I harvested about 600+ gemmae. Would have been more, but I let them (the plants) get too dry a couple weeks ago and about 2/3 of the gemmae dried up or stopped forming and several plants died. I've given a little over 300 away so that leaves me with about 300 more to give away or 15 packs. Remember it's an estimate so it might be more than that or less. When it gets down to the last couple of packs I'll post and let you guys know.

BCK\Steve

I got mine today and I sowed them all! Thanks again!

I got mine today
smile.gif

Sincerely,
Brendhan

I recieved mine today also.Thanks alot Steve.
Mark W.

BigCarnivourKid, I just wanted to let ya know that the D. scorpiodes gemmae have sprouted today!

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Dec. 20 2005,3:54)]BigCarnivourKid, I just wanted to let ya know that the D. scorpiodes gemmae have sprouted today!

-Ben
wow. when did you sowe them? i have mine in peat moss (absolutely forgot the perlite) and is chillin in water. is this the right soil condition.?

Well, mine are in REALLY sandy soil, and are on the tray method. There is also a little bit of perlite. I sowed them on like Saturday, but mine came in water, so they were already kinda sprouting. But, on one of them, I can see little fuzzy hairs and little curled leaves, and they seem to be growing somewhat. And I can also see some tiny roots growing outta 'em. Though, I think that light may also be a factor of germination. Mine are under 82 watts of light, and at 80 degrees in the day.

-Ben

Glad they're doin' so well for you guys. Judging from the dates when you guys got yours, it's been taking 4 to 5 days to get to you.
This is a list of people I have sent gemmae to in the last 7 days.
JBL - Sent today
*Barracuda_45* - sent 12-19-05
SnowyFalcon - sent 12-19-05
Dimka - sent 12-17-05
LLeopardGGecko - sent 12-14-05
Understudy - sent 12-14-05
ChronoKiento - sent 12-14-05
Mitch Wallace - sent 12-14-05
I only have two people left to send gemmae to (I think). If your name isn't on the above list and you haven't received your gemmae yet, drop me a PM and let me know.

Steve\BCK

smile.gif
smile.gif
Oh joy joy im sooooo excited i cant wait to get mine... Traceys doing the happy CP dance weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif
Thanks BCK i will let you know right away when mine arrive..
smile_m_32.gif

Got mine yesterday, thanks a ton!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif
I got mine today!!
smile.gif
Thanks BCK and a big CP ((HUGS)) to you Merry Christmas bud!!!!!!!
smile_m_32.gif
I planted them right away..

THANK YOU!!!!!!
smile_m_32.gif

Mine also came yesterday--cute little styrofoam package! Happy New Year Steve!!

i got mine a week ago and planted it. how long does it take to sprout?

It's been almost 2 weeks since I planted mine and just now they are unfurling. When I first got them, they already had tiny buds on them already.

Back