What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for a tree..................

Robinia pseudoacacia ‘Tortuosa' its a cultivar of black locust. havent found anyplace with it for sale, if someone could point me in the direction of one i would appreciate it.

Why in Hades would you want one of these?!?!? The thorns on it are a beast and I ought to know havig had to pull a 4" one from the bottom of my foot!

PM'ed you. Are you thinking of Honey Locust Pyro ? I can't stand those either.

Pyro, cause i enjoy torturing my step kids
smile_m_32.gif

actually i like the look of the tree. its a fairly compact cultivar, generally stays under 20' and most of all its one of the few trees with this growth habit that are hardy in the frozen north.

got the pm Chris, im over there every so often. will give them a call

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pyro @ Mar. 31 2006,10:23)]Why in Hades would you want one of these?!?!?
In my area, this tree (the species - not the cultivar) is a foodplant for a butterfy - Silver-spotted skipper. If possible, I try to have foodplants available for most of the significant butterfly/moth native species.

Back