What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. 'Tamlin' seed availalbe

Yup, that would be me.Sorry about that!

Hehe, BAD JIM! BAD BAD BAD!!! NOW GO WATER A FLY TRAP.... NOW

smile_n_32.gif
hehehe

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been dealing with a medical emergency with a friend.

Update on William's computer...his son did finally pick it up last weekend. I believe he said it was NOT the power supply so instead of fixing it at William's house, he took it back to Rochester to work on it. I'm hoping it will be fixed soon.

But I will tell him how many people very kindly offered to help fix it for him.
smile.gif
That will cheer him up.

now im curious to what this is i googled it and saw some CP's but Im waiting for someone to know!! *waiting patiently*

Cheers

Hmmm.. what colour are the flowers on that, cos he sent me some seeds a couple eyars ago and I think I actually have that plant growing...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mabudon @ April 10 2006,8:43)]Hmmm.. what colour are the flowers on that, cos he sent me some seeds a couple eyars ago and I think I actually have that plant growing...
Under the record in CPs database which is white colour.
But may be not stable , under my observation it can be white or light pink colour.
xx008.jpg

The size of flowers is 2 times of the D.spatulata.
I have a photos below and I think that it's D.'Tamlin'.

xx003.jpg

It's very difficult to distinction between  D.spatulata and D'Tamlin' from the shape when they are small.

xx009.jpg

xx001.jpg

Sam, nice pictures!
My flowers were definatly white. Although I didn't take a picture.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ April 10 2006,9:30)]Sam, nice pictures!
My flowers were definatly white.  Although I didn't take a picture.  
confused.gif
I hope it can useable for you.

I'm confused! If you can grow Tamlins from seed, how come there is only one? Why only in New York State?
smile_n_32.gif

villosa
the one I have (apparently mistakenly,we moved after I sowed some seeds and they all got mixed up) labelled "villosa" is the one I suspect- could either that or the other D.spatulata-looking thing be the species?? Both have white flowers (which sometimes are barely pinkish,too) but the one "villosa" looks a lot like the plant in the link BobZ posted above...

The official description of D. 'Tamlin' is located here
If yours falls within those guidlines.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mabudon @ April 10 2006,11:39)]villosa
the one I have (apparently mistakenly,we moved after I sowed some seeds and they all got mixed up) labelled "villosa" is the one I suspect- could either that or the other D.spatulata-looking thing be the species?? Both have white flowers (which sometimes are barely pinkish,too) but the one "villosa" looks a lot like the plant in the link BobZ posted above...
I think that your plants is D. 'Tamlin'
Below is D. villosa. You can compare with that.
ThumbDSC00038.jpg

Thanks for looking Sam- I will try to get a picture of it again to compare to the ones you posted, but I am pretty confident that it is the same.. once Tamlin gets his PC fixed I can ask him if that's a possibility...

Okay- I'm not accepting any more entries. Now I just gotta figure out who best wrote what I was looking for.
smile.gif

You can compare this pot at this moment and 2 month ago. The left up corner is D.spatulata.
xx003.jpg

ThumbDSC00082.jpg

You can see the flower which is including light pink and white colour . And In the background is D. spatulata.
ThumbDSC00083.jpg

Hi Sam,
I would actually call your villosa, D. ascendens-I am in a minority that true D. villosa comes from a very small location and is not common in cultivation.
If you can check out Fernando's site, you can find a pic of it. It is very gangly-almost like a hybrid of D. ascendens and D. graminifolia.
Beyond that, I think your plants look spectacular!

Cheers,

Joe

Hello everyone! Please take a look at this topic.
Thanks,
Andrew

Okay all... I went ahead and left myself out of the seed distrobution because I didn't like how many seeds were going to each person. So a few more go to each. I'd guess each person is getting about 30-60 seeds (I didn't count them lol) I hope my plants seeds again soon... if not, I know who to hit up for a spare.
smile_m_32.gif

Anyway, they went out today usps mail. post when they arrive and good luck!!
Andrew

Back