What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Temperate drosera

I am looking for any drosera that might survive my Oklahoma bog. It is just now coming out of dormancy with flower stalks and new growth but the only drosera I have is D. filifera c filifera. I think there are at least two others that might survive and hopefully thrive in my conditions. I have a pretty good cactus and succulents list with losts of ceropegias, agaves, aloes, haworhias, sansevierias, passion flowers, and a lot more that I would be happy to emai you. Paul

Oklahoma?! I'm on the outskirts of Norman! The only Drosera I know of that you can get locally are the ones at Lowe's, and there are a few varieties at the Norman store (not just Adelae). You could also contact Ardella's Flowers. They get in great carnivorous plants during the summer, and may be able to take down an order for you.

D. filifera? What the heck is d. filifera???

I could offer you some small D. spathulata in exchange for SASE. I also have capensis and nidiformis, but beware of their reproductive capabilties.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 15 2006,5:46)]D. filifera? What the heck is d. filifera???
That was my question as well! Perhaps he is referring to D. filiformis? If that be the case, then probably D. binata, rotundifolia, and intermedia as well. I have varying amounts of each.

oops, Drosera filiformis. I have too many cactus and palms that are filiferas. D. spat, and D. capensis I don't think will survive in zone 7 but I will bough to the experts here. I have D binata extreme (I think) but don't think it would be hardy. D. intermedia, maybe, tracyi, maybe. Paul

What I'm driving at are temperate sundews, native to our country, that can take cooler weather, but not like where I'm from - Buffalo.

Back