What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm ADDICTED

Does anyone have any Utrics they can spare? I have a couple things for trade. Well I only have D. spatulata and U. gibba. I may be able to see if I have other plants. PM me or reply here if anyone has any they can offer.

I have some U. Sandersoni(sp?) I can trade for the D. Spatulata. Let me know if thats cool.

I've got a few Utrics I can spare - for some U. gibba. Take a look at the link for my grow list.

well atleast fix the link for him so it works there jim

I don't mind about the link, I found it anyway. It may be helpful for other people though. The link just leads to the forum

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewyleaves @ May 20 2006,10:26)]I don't mind about the link, I found it anyway. It may be helpful for other people though. The link just leads to the forum
A lot of peoples links do that unless they have fixed them lately. As of last month when the servers changed from the PFT server to the TerraForums server any link I tried that started with "http://www.petflytrap" simply went to the home page of the forum. Guess nobody believed me. Nobody likes me. Everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat some worms....
smile_n_32.gif

Wish I could remember the rest of the song those lines came from
confused.gif

fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones, short ones.
I'm gonna eat some worms.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ May 20 2006,9:22)]well atleast fix the link for him so it works there jim
It never occurred to me that there was a problem. But it's fixed now.

Steve: If this had been a couple years ago I'd be asking you or another teenager how to fix it!

Hi all:

aren't most of the people visiting the forum addicted to some kind of cp?
confused.gif

Gus

Yea, Before I was a VFT addict, then moved onto sundews, now I'm on Utrics. Soon I'm going to be an addict of every CP.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ May 21 2006,6:03)]fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones, short ones.
Hehe, thanks Steve. I'm gonna see if I can't Google it and get the lyrics for the entire song. I was able to find the lyrics to "Camp Granada" a couple years ago.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 21 2006,7:11)]Steve: If this had been a couple years ago I'd be asking you or another teenager how to fix it!
LOL! Thanks Jim. I do my best to give them kids a run for their money.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewyleaves @ May 21 2006,3:41)]Yea, Before I was a VFT addict, then moved onto sundews, now I'm on Utrics. Soon I'm going to be an addict of every CP.
It's downright eery the way they insinuate themselves into our lives. At first it's a VFT, then a sundew or two, then pings, utrics, neps..... Before you know it, you have one or two of each of the common type CPs and a few of the more uncommon ones and no place for yourself. It's all filled with CPs. Which is how it should be.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ May 22 2006,12:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ May 21 2006,6:03)]fat ones, skinny ones, tall ones, short ones.
Hehe, thanks Steve.  I'm gonna see if I can't Google it and get the lyrics for the entire song.  I was able to find the lyrics to "Camp Granada" a couple years ago.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewyleaves @ May 21 2006,3:41)]Yea, Before I was a VFT addict, then moved onto sundews, now I'm on Utrics. Soon I'm going to be an addict of every CP.
It's downright eery the way they insinuate themselves into our lives.  At first it's a VFT, then a sundew or two, then pings, utrics, neps.....  Before you know it, you have one or two of each of the common type CPs and a few of the more uncommon ones and no place for yourself.  It's all filled with CPs.  Which is how it should be.
smile_m_32.gif
Steve, do you mean the Alan Sherman song called, "Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda (here I am at Camp Granada)"? Great song!

Steve and I on are on the same wavelength - a little of everything. Sundews still rock, though - especially pigmy, forked, and petiolaris!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 22 2006,6:00)]Steve, do you mean the Alan Sherman song called, "Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda (here I am at Camp Granada)"? Great song!
Yep! That's the one.
smile_n_32.gif

my growing experience started out with my fish tank hobby. I have a 6, 18, 20, and 30 gallon planted tanks. Then I started a 20 gal palaudrium(sp). I would like to see any palies with carnies in them. My pal has D. adela, the pitchers from home depot which grows really well, some S. purp... and some u. livida. The flytraps didnt do very well, but it does well in my 2.5 gal terarrium. I now have a bunch more plants and I'm addicted to growing them. HELP!!! oh yeah what i was getting at is, I also love the bladderworts. I have U. sandersoni(waiting for it to flower), U. gibba, and U. Livida. IMO Livida grows like a weed and always flowering. I have pictures of them on myspace(professor greenthumb). And they alwaws flower, and a lot, very easy to grow, if not the easiest. And if you grow it over water on top of sp-moss you can see the bladders and the leaves form underwater also. You can grow it with gibba like i do. Anyways, sorry for the rambling but, if anyone wants a little to start with i can either trade you something for it, or you can have some for free. I was gonna say pay shipping, but it wouldnt be more than a dollar so i'm not gonna worry bout it.

I need to go to CP rehab! First, strung out on VFT's. Then, I was introduced to sundews. At first, the plants were free. THEN, they wanted money. Someone else got me hooked on Neps. WOE IS ME!!!!! Had to have them all! Only the lack of a greenhouse finally weaned me away from the neps. BUT! OMIGAWD!!!!!!!! Here came the sarracenia! Now its hopeless!!!! Gotta have my s. oreo fix everyday! Ready to take s. oreophila Heavily veined intravenously!!!! HELP ME!!!!! I GOT TO HAVE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER SATISFIED!!!!! MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ May 25 2006,11:46)]I need to go to CP rehab! First, strung out on VFT's. Then, I was introduced to sundews. At first, the plants were free. THEN, they wanted money. Someone else got me hooked on Neps. WOE IS ME!!!!! Had to have them all! Only the lack of a greenhouse finally weaned me away from the neps. BUT! OMIGAWD!!!!!!!! Here came the sarracenia! Now its hopeless!!!! Gotta have my s. oreo fix everyday! Ready to take s. oreophila Heavily veined intravenously!!!! HELP ME!!!!! I GOT TO HAVE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER SATISFIED!!!!! MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!!
Spoken like a true addict Bugweed
laugh.gif

The hardest part for me is making room in the house for my plants each fall. I always have plenty of room in the house when I put them outside in the spring. But, they seem to multiply (pots and all) during the summer and what fit in my window in spring, doesn't fit in the window in the fall.

I once told Tamlin that I simply wanted one - one of everything!
biggrin.gif

Back