What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plants from Lowes, Home Depot

I see people here talking about their purple pitchers and cobra lilys they got from Lowes or Home Depot so I go and look for some. I don't find any. I really want some of these so can anyone get me some and hook me up? I will pay for everything. I just don't want to buy from some online plant store because they jack you on shipping. Let me know if anyone can help me out.

I can understand H.D. not having any. It's all hit or miss with them. Lowes SHOULD have CP's, a decent variety.

Hmm, you might just have to wait. It sucks when I hear others talking about how the Lowes local to them has pings and Nep's.

The Lowes near me has times when they have a ton of stuff and other times ( like now ) when they have nothing.

I just checked both today and they have none so that's why I came on here. If anyone get me some that would be cool.

WOW I didn't know Lowes carries neps.My local Lowes carries Pings and D.Adelaes.

Dude last year my local Lowes had Ventrosa's, Judith Finn's, Raff's, and a lot of other unknown types of Nep's. You just have to check in often and hope for the best.

I tried asking managers to keep them stocked but they said they had no control over when, what, and how many types of plants came in.
smile_h_32.gif

Just as the others have said, it's hit or miss when it comes to snagging CPs from hardware stores. Sometimes I'll go into my local Lowe's/Home Depot and there will be tons of CPs out for purchase, while other times there isn't a CP in sight. I've bought the following over the past year:

-Neps
-Pings
-Sundews
-VFTs

At the Lowes in the reading, PA area I have seen N. ventricosa, N. sanguinea, P. primuliflora, D. californica, D. adelae, D. spatulata, S. Dana's Delight, S. rubra, S. purpurea, S. Dixie Lace, and D. muscipula.

to add to Jims list, ive also found a Mexi-ping hybrid at Lowes

like others have said its a hit or miss kinda thing

well the lowes nearset me has some right now but they look poor like they came in last year or sumthin, the had a nep. i would have bought if they gave me a discount, but i picked up 2 unidentified Sar., a unidentified Drosera(looks like Spatulata), and 1 D. Adelae.

just curious , any one that knows nep. how long does it take to form picthers once in correct enviroment ? also is there a way to identify neps before they form pitchers ?
blues.gif

with few exceptions its darn hard to identify a nep from leaves alone, especially a hybrid.

as for howlong to form a pitcher depends, for me its been anywhere from a couple weeks to 6 months or more. depends on species/hybrid and a whole host of things

we just had a new Lowe's come up about 5mins from me and i went and checked and all they had useful to me was LFS(!!!!). the peat and all other potting mixes were 'enriched' with miracle grow fertilizer. i asked the customer service lady and she said they are getting a HUGE shippment(what she said anyways) of CPs! she didnt know what types though or when they were getting them or where they were getting them from ha ha. i hope they come soon!
alex

Back