What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenhouse plants for cps

I am trying to rebuild a cp collection. I have a greenhouse, indoor lights and an outdoor garden. I have for trade various Bromeliads, cacti Stapeliads, Succulents, passion flowers, Philos etc.. Plus in my outdoor gardens (zone 5)waterlillies, Opuntias, Sedums, Bamboos, etc. I have Lotuses also but they will not ship until spring.
phil1

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have Lotuses also but they will not ship until spring.

I'd be interested... It's summer now. Do you mean next spring?

Peter

Phil, save me a lotus and I will trade for it in the spring.

The lotuses only can be dug or transpranted Mar-early april otherwise they will promptly die. I have learned this the hard way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Phil, save me a lotus and I will trade for it in the spring.

Same here. I'll make sure to save a Sarracenia division.

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the Forums bro!

Hey guys, this is one fine CPer we have here.  You know how I feel about supporting the generous, and Phil is a saint in that regard.  He also sends very good material, usually mature cuttings.  He left the Stapeliads off his list.  The ones he just sent to me are top notch plants.  Let's get him going with some CP's!

In addition to being a master grower of orchids and many other exotica, he is also an accoplished gem cutter (DROOL), and he keeps those slimy slithery things so many of you love.  (ICK).

Phil is also what is known as a 'good cop' and is a Sargent for the Pennsylvania State Police.  The folk there are lucky to have him.  He's probably the only cop I met who didn't want to arrest me on sight, LOL!

I have a hunch we are all going to be very happy he joined our family since he has always been one of the most generous growers I have ever met. Once he gets going he will no doubt contribute strongly to the welfare and continuance of the CP we grow amongst us. He's a good bet.

Phil, I didn't get the plants off today as I hoped to, but Monday I will have a box ready with whatever I have left in my collection that I can spare.  Won't be much I'm afraid, but hopefully by the end of the season I can do better for you.

I have a Nep. khasiana I rooted last year and it's producing 2"+ pitchers. I'm interested in Bromeliads. Bruce

WOW! You guys raise plants?? What am I doing here????? Whats a bromeliad, William????

Hi Phil and welcome to TerraForums! A friend of Tamlin's is a friend of mine.

Thanks William for the great endorsement. I plan on being quick with the trades and I already am working on several trades. I send priority mail and at this time I am open to all genera and species/hybrids I have approx 40 Nepenthes that are still growing and some I can make cuttings but not that many. I have lost focus on cps from time to time but now I have devoted a lot of room and supplies to them. I need to make room and I have a lot to offer. Sometimes I will move things and then realize I was growing something there that I didn't know was there. Again thanks for the good words.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 25 2006,10:00)]Hi Phil and welcome to TerraForums! A friend of Tamlin's is a friend of mine.
Seconded. And more than that, a friend of the earth.
Warm welcome!  
smile.gif

a gem cutter huh? always nice to have another sucker on the boards i can swindle out of plants for bits of shiny stones aint that right Tamlin
smile_m_32.gif

welcome to the forums, ill look over my plants and see what i have extras of and see if i cant get some new tropical plants
smile_n_32.gif

Welcome to the forums Phill! I've heard good things about you.
smile.gif
You should be able to get some good plants from these kind and generous folks.

Good luck and I hope you join in and share some of your expertise.

Suzanne/PAK

Just wanted to say thanks for the second box of goodies that arrived the other day. Nice Bamboo, and they are planted. Now, lets see how they fare after an Oswego winter, lol. I am going keep some small bits going indoors just in case. Your plants should knock on your door tomorrow. Enjoy! Don't forget the list is under the mailing label!

William,

Thanks for the plants. They came in great shape and they are extremely nice I got them planted this afternoon:)
Phil

Hi, Ive been a plant addict for a little over a year...

you allready know my name...

Welcome to the group
smile.gif

Nice to see another Police Officer here. Welcome

Glad they pleased
smile.gif
Hopefully there will be more somewhere down the line. Enjoy, and do well with the Brochinnia, I expect to see some flower photos someday!

I have so Rubra Pitchers you can have if you want. I divided an adualt plant into about 15 or so and they all are starting to pitcher. Pm if you intrested.

Jim

Phil,

The passionflowers you sent are fantastic, and one is already making a flower. I've never seen a real live one before. Thanks a million for sending such good plants, I had expected a cutting. You're the best!

Back