What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well my maypop passionflower is growing really well this year and i have a bunch that i can trade if anyone is interested. They are hardy to zone 5 and are really nice. They pop up from the ground later then an average plant in like may but when they do they grow rapidly. THey have deep roots that run under far. Here are some pictures. The vines usually grow about 15 feet here every year and die back. They leave fruit pods on the fence in the fall in which have lots of seeds in the and smell good but not really edible as its all seeds.
IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

Well i am looking for the following

drosera filiformis ssp tracyii
drosera binata
drosera dictoma
sarracenia minor
sarracenia okee giant
ping moranesis
sarracenia psitticinia
sarracenia hybrids

PAK has got some, but that's very considerate of you to point out. She sent me some seed a little while back that I'm still crossing my fingers will germinate!

While you can't exactly eat the fruit, you can squeeze out the juice. It makes for a good drink.
smile.gif
And the flowers are spectacular. Highly recommended.

I love passifloras! I just wish I had room to grow more. I still can't believe my P. racemosa died while I was on vacation. I guess I didn't water it enough before I left. Here's a pic of P. 'Sunburst', one of the more unusual looking ones.
P1010262.jpg

P1010261.jpg

Wow that sunburst passiflora is amazing looking. Racemosa is a nice one too. I dont grow that one but grow passiflora manicata which is similar in its red color

Back