What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for pygmy sundew seeds

I'm looking for some pygmy sundew seeds. I have some things for trade, but if not I can always pay. I know this is trading so moderators you can take out the paying part if nessecary.

Hmmm, I don't have seeds but a I expect to have a large truck load of gemmae this fall.

Seed of pure species is very rare, and notoriously difficult to germinate when it is found. I wouldn't trust any seed to be pure unless wild collected. I believe pygs hybridize far more than most relaize within a collection. Gemmae is really the best way to go, less issues with possible uncontrolled hybrids in personal collections leading to ID confusion which expands exponentially - the gemmae are identical clones. Its gemmae season in Oz right now and for us in the winter months. I tried hard to get native seed fror my seed testa research, but it rarely happened. Good luck with your search tho. If you do find it, you might try using smoke water to get it to germinate. I just had success germinating seed of Drosera hyperostigma, but only a few plants came up out of a mess of seed.

Well... I guess I'll wait for fall and ask for gemmae. I'll make another post asking about them later then.

Back