What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got any Nep. pollen?

Well, my Judith Finn is makeing a flower stalk. It will be my first Nep flower ever and I want to get lots of seed. I'm not even sure if it's a chick, its just a whole lot of green balls on a stalk. If it is a guy I'll send out pollen to anyone who wants it if you agree to send me some seed. But if it's a chick I'll do the same to anyone who sends me pollen.

I never expected this to be my first nep to flower at all because it is so small and outside in the 100+ degree weather. I would have put my money on my 4 foot tall Raff to be the first to flower.

Anyway, I'm not looking for any particular pollen. Just any pollen from any Nep is good enough for me. Thanks alot guys.

For what it's worth....your nep is called Judith Finn. Judith Hindle is a Sarracenia cultivar.

Haha, yeah I fixed it. I knew it was a Judith something. lol

I've got male ventricosa-red buds starting to open now and for the next couple weeks and a noid maxima x Mixta type just starting to spike.
P1010549.jpg

Actually this one is from a cutting, will the pollen ripen on this with no roots or should I just cut it off.

And another noid that could be a really nice Judith Finn that should bloom soon, (no sex determined yet).
edit: Had wrong pic, Here is the right pic.
P1010561.jpg

You should be able to sex the plant from the buds. Round buds like this are male:
ventmaleJPG.jpg

Oblong buds like this are female:
P1010557.jpg

I have pollen right now on a N. x 'Miranda' I thought I had someone else to send some to, but I have not had a reply yet to that PM.
Andrew

Sadly, it looks like my Judith Finn is male.
smile_h_32.gif
Looks like we have an abundance of pollen on these forums now lol. So I guess if anyone needs pollen, this is the place to be.

That could be a good match with my noid if it is female. Is your JF the typical kind with green pitchers and reddish-purple peristome?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm not even sure if it's a chick, its just a whole lot of green balls on a stalk.

Did this one make anyone else chuckle?

Oh, I updated the topic title for you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]its just a whole lot of green balls

I think there was a word in there that might have been the clue for determining the sex of your plant.
smile_l_32.gif

So what would you call the buds on a female stalk?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ July 25 2006,3:11)]So what would you call the buds on a female stalk?
That's easy. OVALries. hahahahaaa
smile.gif

lol get your minds out of the gutter people
smile.gif

Yeah my plant is a typical Judith Finn. If you need pollen let me know. Also is there a way to store the pollen for future use?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah my plant is a typical Judith Finn. If you need pollen let me know. Also is there a way to store the pollen for future use?

I do beleive wax paper and the fridge is the way to go for pollen storage.

Awsome, I'll do that.

i dont even remember if someone is looking for pollen, or for a female, but I have a ventricosa typ. red (M) that is making a flower right now

oh and out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried changing the sex of a nep flower w/ gibberellin?

Back