What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia westonii?

Does anybody grow this with enough success to trade a bit?

You are probably better off looking for seed as it is an annual IIRC

Does anyone have a list of the Utricularia that are exclusively annuals?

Taylor would be my best bet though that might entail going through it species by species. A rather daunting task

Likely candidates would be those on your photo finder with the fewest entries, this would cut down on the daunt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pyro @ Aug. 08 2006,9:29)]Taylor would be my best bet
I just took a look at Taylor. He describes U. westonii as "Small, probably annual, terrestrial". In fact, he describes many species as "probably annual" and "probably perennial". Since nearly all of his descriptions are based on field observations or herbarium specimens, Taylor provides little information about behavior of the plants in cultivation. Occasionally plants in cultivation behave differently than those in natural habitats where climate and soil conditions vary seasonally. It would be interesting if someone were to compile such experience from the growers.

Back