What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More stuff to give out

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    offer

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
So I felled two more of my canes and now I have 19 "chits" available.

From the last batch I planted 5 chits and ended up with 4 strikes (would have had 5 if the Chihuahua had not ganked one and chewed it for some time before I found her...) So these are a good way to start them.

I'll offer them up in 5 batches of 3 and one batch of 4.

I'm asking for $2 for shipping in a padded envelope. I'll take trades too if you want to make an offer.

Post here and after 6 posting the offer is closed.

ReadySetGo

Agreed with Nepenthes Freak. My Grandma might be interested in this.

Ditto here; I'd love to have a source of raw sugarcane (I loved the sections they'd sell at fairs to chew on when I was in New Orleans), but I'm not sure how feasible it will be for me to provide it the conditions it needs.

Mokele

I wouldn't mind some if you have any left. We have a recreation of a 1830s era homestead at Jesse Jones Park - where I work - and it would be great to have some sugar cane growing to show the public!

Thanks in advance!

Freak, Trap, Mokele,

Growing is easy, litterally pot and go. I start the chits in 1 gallon pots of just regular potting soil. I keep them outside so I need to water every other day because of the heat. Keep the media moist and the roots should start pretty quick. It can take upto 2 months before the eye starts growing but once it does it'll go fast. I grow in the 1G pot till the roots start to come out the bottom then I transfer up to a 5G bucket.

I grow outside on my deck spring thru fall and move them into the sunroom in winter. They have survived a freeze down to 17F which killed the above ground parts but they came back from the roots.

Just an update.

I am assuming Dave and Mike are for sures.

Nflytrap and Mokele I have noted as tentative

Nep freak has decided to decline.

Thant leaves me with 2 batches remaining for anyone interested.

Cheers

I wouldn't mind trying one.
smile.gif

I'll try one-- thanks Pyro! Send me your address again, I keep deleting emails that I shouldn't.

Back