What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An eye for Drosophyllum

I believe Drosphyllum seed can be harvested in the summer, so on behalf of the many growers who would love to grow this plant, I ask if anyone will have seed available this year?

If you do, or are also interested like me, please post your comments.

Thanks,
Chris

i've tried THREE times and nothing, so i'm not gonna try agian.

I've never attempted to grow one yet but I most certainly would be interested in some.

I planted some seed one time and it died when 1 inch tall due to rotting

I'm 1 for 2. My own intentional attempt failed totally. My unintentional, accidental, stowaway from elgecko did fine for a few monthss - until I pressed my luck one too many times by moving it to a deeper pot. Here it was:

AF002601.jpg

I've got 4 more in the soaking after the scarification stage.

That's too bad carnivorkid, I guess that's the trickiest part of growing them.

Good luck on the one you still have jimscott.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Chris

I've also tried... I think I still have some seeds in the fridge. o_O Uh oh that's not good... I think I started with 6.. used three.. but the seeds got moldy within like 3 or 4 days so I was afraid to try again.. then I just forgot. Maybe I was discouraged? I dunno. Lemme check if they're still in my fridge.... yup I have 2 left. Think they're still viable? I also found some stylidium graminifolium seeds and some Devil Claw seeds. Sheesh I can't believe they're still in there. >_<

Back