Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comments about the Trading Post and free giveaways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it's all kind of humorous when you look at it, and after the annoyance subsides (until the next time).

All things considered, I really do enjoy giving my extra VFTs away. I would much rather ship them to the homes of people who are already enthusiasts and are at least somewhat knowledgeable, than to take my beautiful little insect-munching buddies to the local farmer's market in the rural area in which I live and sell them to fascinated kids who are sure to tease them, torture them and kill them within a few weeks!

Anyway, such is life I guess. Just had to vent a little. Honestly though, I can't believe how much some people are willing to ask for. Like CopcarFC said, "give 'em an inch and they want a freakin mile." Thanks Mike (cprus) and everyone for your comments. Also, thanks Est for that great idea: asking respondents to use a special title for their private messages to make sure that they have actually read the information and instructions.

Best wishes, -Steve / xscd
    Be happy in the travel--there is no destination

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hee hee, xscd, I was just busting chops.

All you have to do is say "no soup for you" to people who don't follow the directions. Maybe they'll learn for next time.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my mom always says be not only happy for what you get but thankful and grateful because you cant always get what you want and when you do you should be very thankful for it so I thank you xscd for the wonderful vft's they are doing extremely well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_freak @ Aug. 31 2006,1:24)]Well my mom always says be not only happy for what you get but thankful and grateful because you cant always get what you want and when you do you should be very thankful for it so I thank you xscd for the wonderful vft's they are doing extremely well.
    Thanks Justin! I'm sure most people who send their "babies" off to new homes love to see followup messages or even photos of them.

I remember the VFTs I send, when they used to sit in the greenhouse in this particular environment and climate of eastern New Mexico, and how I watered them, fed them bugs (in this dairy country with billions of flies, I sometimes catch the ones inside the house in small glass jars that I keep in the freezer, which stuns them until I nestle them gently into one of the open maws of the VFTs), took them outside to hunt and sun, etc.

Anyway, thanks for your nice comments. Glad they're doing well.

Steve / xscd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a proud papa to me.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post Steve!

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Steve can your next offer be for some "wacky traps" and some "giant all red"...they're both on my "must have" list. If you don't already have them, could you buy them, grow them, divide them, pot them, and then give them away to me for just shipping. I'm sure that would'nt be a problem for you.

Let me know when they're ready.

Thanks

David P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (curlingguy @ Aug. 31 2006,8:41)]Hey Steve can your next offer be for some "wacky traps" and some "giant all red"...they're both on my "must have" list. If you don't already have them, could you buy them, grow them, divide them, pot them, and then give them away to me for just shipping. I'm sure that would'nt be a problem for you.

Let me know when they're ready.

Thanks

David P
    Sure! Although I don't know you, it's the least I could do for a fellow human being.

I don't have any Wacky Traps now, but I'll buy or find something of value of my own to trade for them. Giant All Red VFT I haven't heard of, but I'll do the research and make sure I have some of those soon too, and I'll buy or trade for plenty for both of us.

If the only source is from Europe, don't worry, I'll take care of all the CITES or whatever official paperwork. Sound like a deal?! I'll try to have them ready and ship them to you as soon as possible--no charge of course. Anything else I can do for you? *mutter* A gunshot wound to the head perhaps? *mutter*

Steve / xscd

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast