What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for nep seeds

Whatcha got?
I want anything except ventricosa or any hybrid involving ventricosa (I hate that species with a passion for some reason)

PM me so we can work something out

So you're not interested in any ventricosa x spectabilis?
P1000702.jpg

Or ventricosa x (spectabilis x northiana)?
P1000016.jpg

or ventricosa x talangensis?
P1000024.jpg

And this ventricosa x trusmadiensis wouldn't interest you?
P1010453.jpg

That's good, it means more ventricosa hybrids for me.

I'll admit, i do like the look of some of them (when they don't show many ventricosa features), though I am unsatisfied with the rate of ventricosa being included in hybrids. Its too plentiful in my opinion, and even though its easy to grow, and readily available to hybridize, I personally would rather use another species, as ventricosa (in my opinion) dominates in an unfair manner, as it is not a spectacular species, by any means

I love ventricosa. The only hybrid I dont like from it is ventrata. BLEH!!!

Despite my sarcastic tone, I do understand. Space is limited and there is way too much fluff out there. But if you had a female ventricosa in bloom, wouldn't you try to pollinate it with something? I felt the same way about ventricosa myself, but after seeing the results of some deliberate breeding, I have found a new love for this species. OTOH, when looking at potential fathers for my plants, ventricosa usually comes in last with maxima not too far behind. Even though I love maxima in all its forms, its characteristics tend to dominate as well. Unfortunately for you, the only females to bloom here so far this year all have ventricosa in them.

And there are some nice forms of ventrata out there too. Who wouldn't like a ventriocsa-red giant x alata-giant?

Hmmmm.... maybe. But I just dont like them because they are so common, they have no wings, and they are just too plain looking. I wouldnt mind having one that has some interesting characteristics to it such as wings or a nice peristome.

Back