What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for D. adelae.

I can not believe this, but I somehow killed off my D. adelae. I don't know what happened (maybe hell froze over, or pigs figured out how to fly). I've been pondering what exactly happened because I thought D. adelae was pretty much bomb proof. Ive never had any problems with it until now.

And right now Lowes is sold out of CP's so no luck there. If anyone has seeds, root cuttings, or whole D. adelae plants let me know. Now I'm going to go and ponder what exactly happened.

Keep that pot... mine (fairly often) die back but soon resume growth.

Indeed. I thought I'd only saved one seedling when my plants died back. 3 more have begun emerging from the roots. Adelaes and infamous for playing possum
smile_n_32.gif

too bad you didn't ask for one a few days earlier...because I could've given you about 10. I ended up throwing them out to make room for an N. northiana and N. hamata though...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (phissionkorps @ Sep. 10 2006,5:30)]too bad you didn't ask for one a few days earlier...because I could've given you about 10. I ended up throwing them out to make room for an N. northiana and N. hamata though...
I wouldn't have thrown them out, but that seems like a VERY fair trade
smile.gif

LOL My orriginal plant dies off too and now I have a large comunity of small plants. I gig a compot type thing for adelea and its doing pretty good. Soon will be covered. So if your still looking I can send you one or two, but they are still small. Like everyone said keep the pot they will come back from the roots.

I know about how it likes to die and come back. But these plants died off mid yast lear and I've been waiting for them to come back but no luck. I checked Lowes today and all they had was some VERY bad looking adelae so I'm still on the market for one.

All of them were in bogs with other dews outside. And all the others are fine, just the adelae's died off.

Might have been a case of too much sun, if you were keeping them with other dews. Adalaes fry under direct sun, and prefer indirect light. This time, try potting them up and putting them in a north-facing window.

If you aclimate them to direct sunlight, it will shrink and turn very red. If you stick one in direct sunlight it will fry and then small blood-red ones will pop up.

Pm me and i'll send you some babies. I don't have any adults left because I cut them down to encourage more babies.

Alright I got a bunch of offers from you guys. Thanks alot you all rock. This time I'm gonna keep them inside under lights because I've concluded that they died because I gave them far too much sun. Even though they were shaded by other plants it was just too much. So I wont repeat that mistake.

Back