What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wanted: Sarracenia seeds

Hello all,

I'm looking for Sarracenia seed particularly of the following species:

- S. flava & its various colour forms
- S. leucophylla
- S. oreophila
- S. purpurea & various forms
- S. rubra & forms

beside that I'm also looking for seed of primary and complex Sarracenia hybrids.

Does anybody have spare seeds from their pollinations/hybridizing work for sale ?

kind regards,

Kenneth.

Are you looking for seed donations or trades of some sort or???

Hello Ron,

I'm restarting my collection from scratch so that's why I have nothing to trade for at the moment and also the reason why I asked if anyone had seeds for sale.

Many years ago when I started my previous collection, most if not all of my Sarrecenia's species/hybrids were seed raised and this allowed me to select the best growers/forms from seeds obtained all over the globe (US, Australia and of course locally in Europe).
As I liked seeing the plants grow bigger and bigger year after year, I'd like to start the same way again.

kind regards,

Kenneth.

Kenneth, the forums are stricly for trades. You don't have to trade CPs for CPs though. We've had people trade seeds and plants from their garden or even game they were tired of (one mans trash....) for plants or seeds they wanted. What you set up in a PM with another grower is between you and that grower, though.

Well I dont know how much you know about CP's But Most people hear (the very large majority) will sudgest trying to grow allready mature plants.

Seed's are very stuborn and sometimes wont sprout.

cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Sep. 15 2006,2:39)]Well I dont know how much you know about CP's But Most people hear (the very large majority) will sudgest trying to grow allready mature plants.
That may be true but it's probably just because most people don't have the patience (or skill?) to grow a plant for a few years to see what it looks like full grown. Those with the patience enjoy seeing the plants in all growth phases up to maturity and also get to see the diversity that frequently comes from seed-grown plants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Sep. 15 2006,2:39)]Seed's are very stuborn and sometimes wont sprout.
That really depends on the species and their prior history. I've grown 6+ year old Sarracenia seed that was stored dry in my fridge that had 80%+ germination...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kebr_drosera @ Sep. 14 2006,6:29)]Does anybody have spare seeds from their pollinations/hybridizing work for sale ?
Sorry Kenneth - maybe someday I'll actually read the post before replying!
confused.gif

Back