What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade chain. I'll start

I will take Alex's Max. tenuifolia (and thanks but no thanks on the spatulata & livida - no offense, they're all over in here) and offer up several tiny seedling D. oblanceolata (Sunset Peak) and a young P. reticulata. Come on you guys, I know you've got spares - let's play!

Okay, can I have those and offer up a N. 'Red Leopard?'

Cheers,

Joe

I'll take Griffins N. 'Red Leopard' and offer:

6 Drosophyllum lusitanicum seeds
12+ Drosera nitidula ssp allantostigma gemmae

I'll take the seed and gemmae

My offer is some P. gigantea, agnata "CSUF" and 'Aphrodite'. These are just rogues I have from brokem leaves that sprouted out. Not sure how may there are in total but I know it is at least 2-3 of each, maybe more.

I don't have enough Pinguicula so i'll take Pyro's offer and offer up Some U. reinformis "Enfant Terribles".

i'm about to leave for home (Up in the freezing mountains right now lol) So i'll pm you later Pyro
smile.gif

I'll take JLAPs 'Enfant Terribles' (mine just got hit by slugs
angry.gif
)

And I'll offer up...

(give me a minute, I am thinking)

A portion of U. 'Jitka'

I'll take the bulbophyllum orchid species and offer up
a Ping jaumavensis, D. adelae, and a plug of U. bisquamata.
Peace,
Zero:woot:

woo hoo! i want zero's offer and ill put up a D.x 'California Sunset'(skipping dormancy this year because they are from leaf cuttings.) some winter leaves of P. x 'Titan', D. capensis red(although not so red right now) and a small clump of D. alicae seedlings(quarter. in across).
Alex

Sorry if I am breaking any rules but is there a shipping and handling fee?

In the spirit of the chain I believe that most people are paying shipping for the plants they ship out rather than receive.

In the spirit of the chain I believe that most people are paying shipping for the plants they ship out rather than receive.

I agree that this is how it should be handled. That way no money needs to change hands.

ummm... It was my understanding that you send money to the person who is sending you the plants.

Here's an example.

Reg: "I'll put up a D. capensis for trade!"
Clint: "I'll take it and put up U. longifolia!"
Zero:"I'll take that and offer a D. spatulata!"

I would pay shipping to Reg, and Zero would pay shipping to me.

The only time this doesn't happen is when two people want something each other has. In my trade with Pyro, we both sent each other plants and didn't send any money. Or unless stated otherwise that you don't want shipping.

It makes more sense to me to just pay for your own shipping lol.

Here are the very basic rules: I'm going to post a carnivorous plant/seed that goes to whoever replies first, but that person has to put an item of theirs up for the next person who wants it, who also has to put an item up, and so on.

Also, shipping should be paid by the recipient unless otherwise specified.

And unless it's all you have, avoid D. capensis or other things everyone already has.
----------------

So, I'll start. My item is small so I'll pay shipping on this one.

One pack of a bunch of D. burmanii (Beerwah Qld) seed. (about 50-100 seeds).

Again, the first person to reply AND put up an item of theirs gets it. I'll confirm the winner.

Capslock

I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.

That's what it says, but I think it should be changed. I see no reason why money should have to change hands. You will be spending money on shipping no matter what, why complicate things. I think it should be like this:

Person1 - offers aaa plant
Person2 - takes aaa and offers bbb plant
Person3 - takes bbb and offers ccc

Person1 pays to ship aaa to Person2. Person 2 pays to ship bbb to Person3 and so on.

Yeah I totally agree. It's easier and you get the plants faster.

I almost sent pyro money when I wasn't supposed to lol. Perfect example.

I agree whole-heartedly with your sentiment Larry. I have been paying the shipping on items that I have offered up and so far most folks have paid the shipping on the items I have gotten from them. Assuming that all continue to offer/take actively from this chain, the only one who would "lose" a shipping fee would be Capslock who made the first offering. The only reason to have people pay shipping on what they take is if you have some people taking but not giving -- since that is not allowed in the simple structure of the chain, it should be easy to change.

Oops, you put that so much more concisely than me JustLikeAPill-- Can we have a consensus then, maybe, from the users of this thread? That could get complicated, huh?

Yeah, it's easiest if no money changes hands. I'm for that.

Capslock

Well the creator of this thread agrees with us so I guess that's that :)

Back