What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S.purpurea NC/GA mountains

Anyone have extra of this purp to trade? I've grown it in the past very easily. The last one I had was killed by a cutworm (it ate throught the growth point into the rhizome). Barring unforseen circumstances it seems to be an easy grower even here in South Florida. I'd appreciate another one. Thanks.

Manny

Are you talking about S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana? I believe it can only be given away, unless i'm mistaken.

Yes...that's the one. I don't think it can be bought. But not sure about trading. It could be. But what if two people decide to give eachother stuff. It's kinda silly. I'm sure we will be enlightened. If that's the case...I'd really like for someone to give me one.

Yes, as with oreophila this plant can not legally be sold or traded over state lines without the proper permits. I am guessing that if the Feds were to somehow get involved that they would view "mutual gifting" as trading. And so, to keep accountability from damaging the boards I would request that if any arrangments are going to be made that it not be done anywhere publicly here. Use the PM function or better yet go to email external to the system.

Back