What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sure if anyone will be interested or not but I have many many different kinds of coral frags we could trade for CPs. I am new to CPs and am looking for my first plants, therefore I have nothing to trade in regards to CPs and I cant part with any of my reg houseplants....so that leaves me being able to offer frags, so hopefully someone with a reef tank will be interested in this trade. Each person would pay shipping for the package they receive. We have Acropora, montipora, pocillapora, leathers, zoas, capnellas, etc, etc. Many are very rare. Please PM me for a full list of what we have available or view our website. Most frags are 1-2 inches in size.

Here is a list of what I am looking for:
D. Adelae
D. Paradoxa
D. Capensis
N. Ventrata
N. Ventricosa
N. Sanguinae
N. Trunata
Cephalotus
Heliamphora
Byblis Liniflora

Victoria

Hello Victoria. And welcome.  I can get you started off on the right foot.  Just for shipping I can send you a couple D. adelae and D. capensis, and one maybe two ventrata cuttings.  Had you posted this sooner I would have had a sanguina basil cutting for you, but I already traded it about a month or so ago.  I have some othst dews I could possibly send if your interested.  What about Utrics.  You don't have any of them on your list.

Pm me and I will get you off to a good start.  All I ask is that you send me shipping.

I don't have a reef tank yet.  I am in a toss up between a reef tank and a planted tank.  So if I go with reef I will let you know and would like to get some things from you, but right now I don't have a reef tank.  Just two freshwater tanks.

Pm Me and we weill get things setup.  It will be after Christmas before I can ship though, but I know I have enough of the ones on your list, and could also send some capilaris "typical" and "albino".  Might have some spatulata and tokiensis too.  I don't remember right off hand.  Also I can send some Utrics plugs.  Should be enough to get you off to a goot start. I will have to check and see for sure whatelse I can send though, but Definately the ones on your list I mentioned I should have.

Thanks for the generous offer! PM sent.

Just wanted to let everyone know that i am still interested in trading coral frags for CPs if anyone is interested. We have many rare corals and around 175 different kinds of corals for fellow reefers to choose from.

Thanks to the kind offer of JB_Orchidguy I now own the following plants in my new CP collection:

U. Bisquamata
U. Longifolia
U. Tricolor
U. Paulinae
U. Prehensilis
U. Warburgii
U. Sandersoni
U. Praelonga
U. Laterifora
U. Reniformis
U. Livida

D. Tokaiensis
D. Capensis 'Typical'
D. Capensis 'Albino'
D. Adelea
D. Intermediate 'Copper'
D. Scorpoids
D. Capillaria
D. Warburgii
D. Spatulata

N. Ventrata

G. Violacea

Since I have a pretty good collection going of dews and utrics I am mostly looking for pitchers, VFTs and Pings.

Thanks;
Victoria

wow! arent you lucky. look for me a bit later like in spring. ill have come winter leaves of P. x 'Titan' and P. moranensis. ill also have some D. burmanni seeds soon.
Alex

Yep, he hooked me up fat! I will try to remember to get ahold of you around spring....I would really like to get some P.'s.

I forgot to put on that list that he also sent D. Burmanii.

Just for future reference, none of the species names should be capitilized. I also see a couple of spelling errors that should be changed to this:

U. sandersonii
U. laterifolia
D. adelae
D. intermedia
D. scorpioides
D. capillaris
N. x ventrata
(possibly) D. burmanni

-Ben

Sir yes sir!!

Thanks for pointing that out so politely, LOL....I thought I was doing pretty darn good at the names and spellings considering I have owned CPs for a whole week.

If someone spells something wrong the best thing to do is to tell them what they spelled wrong........that way they wont keep spelling it wrong. I am not sure which ones are mispelled so if you could let me know that would be great.

Thanks for pointing out my error;
Victoria

I was just wondering what a "frag" was? You don't show any photos, so you have got me very curious.

You must have changed your post while I was posting my reply Ben, thanks for letting me know which ones are wong.

Thanks;
Victoria

A WHOLE WEEK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You are almost an expert already. Heck, Victoria, everybody knows you just add water!!!!!!
oh.gif

A frag is a cutting of a coral. We cut a 1-2" piece off of our mother colony and mount it to a piece of rock rubble. It is basically like a cutting from a plant....it is a clone of the mother colony.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A WHOLE WEEK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You are almost an expert already. Heck, Victoria, everybody knows you just add water!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heck if you want binata, capensis, adelae or P. Primuliflora let me know i will send for s&h, also got spatulata and capensis seeds, and mebye a vft or 2 i could send too need to make room for new species

Thank you sundewman! PM sent.

I am beginning to wonder if anyone has reef tanks around here, lol.

Here is the link to our website so anyone interested can see our parrots and reefs, it is a work in progress so not all pictures are up yet.

Genesis Parrot and Reef

Thanks;
Victoria

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]U. Bisquamata
U. Longifolia
U. Tricolor
U. Paulinae
U. Prehensilis
U. Warburgii
U. Sandersoni
U. Praelonga
U. Laterifora
U. Reniformis
U. Livida

D. Tokaiensis
D. Capensis 'Typical'
D. Capensis 'Albino'
D. Adelea
D. Intermediate 'Copper'
D. Scorpoids
D. Capillaria
D. Warburgii
D. Spatulata

N. Ventrata

G. Violacea

wow.gif

lol not bad at all- all i have is D. Capensis 'Typical', U. Bisquamata, D binata and D. aliciae for two years running since my mexican ping died. Haha lucky duck
slap.gif

*edit- oops forgot the "weeds" hehe

GREAT TRADE!!!! The coral frags are settling in nicely! Coral are animals, but it is possible to make "cuttings" from them like plants!! This new Terraforum member deserves a warm welcome into the cp community!

im half interested in getting back into salt water but its around -5 right now and prolly wont warm up before april :grin: may shoot yah a pm when i thaw.........................

Woodnative....you beat me to the punch, lol. I agree, EXCELLENT TRADE!!! All the CPs are doing better than I expected! I cant wait until the Sarrs come out of dormancy!

Rattler, let me know when you get a tank up and going, I am always interested in a trade. We ship with heat packs so no worries on the weather but the negatives are a little to cold. I will be on the lookout for your PM when the weather warms up! How long has it been since you had a tank?

Finch, sorry I never responded to your post, I didnt realize I wasnt getting any post notifications since the board changed. I have a few extras of some sundews if you are interested just PM me, I would be glad to hook you up! I will try to find time to post an updated list of what I currently have for CPs (I also now have a nice collection of pings thanks to Scott!).

Thanks everyone!!
Victoria

been about two years.........................i dont ship anything living this time of year, to dang cold in the frozen north..............not sure if im going to do salt water again though, wife wants a cichlid tank but i would like to do a smallish(20-30 gal) SW tank with just corals and maybe a couple shrimp, no fish...............not sure if i will though............will prolly have some neat stuff in the spring anyway and may be willing to do a loose agreement on an IOU in the future aswell :grin:

Back