What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone,

Here is what I currently have available for trade as of 3/28/07:

S. flava copper top - Horry County, South Carolina (Botanique) - one of my favorite plants
S. flava rubricorpa Apalachicola national forest, Florida
S. flava rugelli Apalachicola national forest, Florida
S. flava var flava - Botanique
S. flava var maxima

S. rubra wheeryi from Baldwin County, Alabama (Botanique)
S. rubra wheeryi - YELLOW FLOWER
S. rubra gulfensis Crestview, Okaloosa County, Florida
S. rubra gulfensis from Orgels Orchids

S. leucophylla Titan - big one! (Botanique)
S. leucophylla from Dean Cook
S. leucophylla from **** Tran - especially vigorous and big
S. leucophylla Tarnok
S. leucophylla Hot Pink Baldwin County, Alabama (Botanique) - one of my favorite plants
S. leucophylla from UC Santa Barbara botanical collection
S. leucophylla Burgundy (Meadowview)
S. leucophylla Pale (not anthocyanin free, but close)

S. minor Okee Giant, Ware County, Georgia

S. alata - normal green
S. alata black/red (Mississippi) from Botanique - Gets huge! - one of my favorite plants

S. oreophila Sand Mtn #4 (California trades only)

S. purpurea venosa burkii Sumatra, Florida

Hybrids
S. x gilpini
S. x Hummer's Hammerhead
S. x Scarlet Belle
S. x Ladies in Waiting
S. x moorei Cut throat
S. x Dana's Delight
S. x Judith Hindle
S. x catesbaei from Sumatra, Florida
S. x catesbaei Veined (Agristarts)
S. x purpurea x leucophylla
S. x alata x rubra wheeryi from Meadowview
S. x mitchelliana (leucophylla x purpurea)

Drosera filiformis tracyi Sumatra, Florida
Drosera filiformis Florida Giant

I am interested in Sarracenia that are not on my growlist. Thanks to everyone for some great trades recently!

Regards,

Steve

Last edited:
Interested in a normal adult flava but with location data?

What variety of flava, and where is it from?

It's typical, whatever that is lol. I'm not a nomenclature expert. It's got a throat splotch and OK veins like all the other typicals :)

It's from about.. i'd say 10 miles outside Grayton Beach, FL . Came from bog that is now filled with houses that all look exactly the same :(

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/clintparsons/DSC01473.jpg

The two on the right are examples. The one on the right is a leuco. Ignore that lol.

I'll PM ya.

I have a purpurea ssp. purpurea with location data

Steve, I just received your plants. Large and beautiful. Thanks so much, Paul

I would recommend to anyone that they trade with Steve! We have traded a few times back and forth and he has great plants and is very generous. He is a great example for this forum!

Thanks for the kind words Wes! You have great plants too and it has been fun trading with you this year. We will have to do some more trading next year!

Absolutely! I look forward to it, Steve!

I am still dividing plants, and added the following to my list:

S. rubra wherryi (yellow flower)
S. flava var maxima

I just updated my availability. I still have plenty of plants available, and most are large and flowering size divisions.

I received three plants from him, S. leucophylla 'hot pink', S. minor 'okee giant' and S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii.

First off I'd like to thank him for cutting me some slack on the S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii (I hate typing the name over and over since it's so long, but, I refuse to say S. rosea! Crap... just did)

I received large, VERY GOOD CONDITION, beautiful, VERY well packed healthy plants. The S. leucophylla 'hot pink' had EIGHT pitchers and a few about 2 feet tall!

Thanks so much Steve! I asked him if I could bump his topic up and he said yes.

I recommend S. leucophylla 'hot pink' if you get the chance to get it, it's my favorite of the lot. I will be getting S. x moorei from him soon too.

12/10. I've never received such large and beautiful Sarracenia before. Usually the big ones are extensively damaged and the ones that aren't are quite small.

Back