What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for pygmies

I was looking to get started with pygmies, so i gave ***** a try.

so yeah, i feel like i got screwed.

I've had good luck with ***** before. really, i have. generally, i have no problem with them at all. until i bought a D. Scorpiodes.

the site lists it as "unpotted near flowering size" at $3.25. this, in my opinion, is a good deal, for perhaps a small colony of young scorpiodes or perhaps the advertized "near flowering size" plant.

what i recieved was a single tiny plant barely 1/4 of an inch in size. probably sick, all the traps are sagging, but hey! i cant tell if its really sick because its so small. i doubt it will survive replanting.

so that unpleasant experience aside, im looking for a few pygmies. PM me and we can come up with a trade.

That is a bit small.
That plant usually suffers a lot from shipping though, so thats normal that it doesn't look very good. Its stress, not sickness

they are kind of delicate. you may not have any better luck w/o buying them potted.

Did you talk to them about your concerns?

xvart.

Yeah about 2/3rd of my pygmies from ***** died. I too would look out for pygmies here.

- Jeff

Hey guys, I've removed the name of the company.... I don't allow people to recommend suppliers and to be fair, names shouldn't be used for this either... As it will typically turn in to "Well try *** they got good plants..."

As a side note, I have some D. scorpiodes gemmae on my plants that are likely not going to be sold in my store...so, I would gladly send them out to you. Send me a PM with your address if you're interested.
Andrew

PS - if you rather a plant or a few.. over some gemmae... It will cost you priority shipping.... :)

Hello, I was basically offering this to Meaven... But to the half a dozen people that have pmed me, I may be able to get you some too... Please no more pms asking for some though... Since this wasn't meant to be a free for all. I'm pretty sure the season is comming and there will be plenty here as there is every year. :) I just don't have enough to support a full out giveaway right now i don't think.

Andrew

I'm pretty sure the season is comming and there will be plenty here as there is every year.
No, no, no! Please give me a few more months before I have to look another gemmae in the eye again. PPllllllleeeaaaassssseeee!!!

Hey there Andrew,
Like I said when i met you , that was one impressive bunch of gemmea on your scorpioides.

Hey Steve,
The ones you sent to me are fairng well. a couple died for no apparent reason but the rest are growing nicely.
The ones that i sent to you are definitely the pink flowered ones.
Lois

Hi Lois, it's the same gemma. haha... I never collected it and it still sits on the plants. The plants have resumed growth so getting the gemmae will be especially hard. I planned on digging up that pot and repotting fresh gemmae.. so that will make it easier to harvest :)

Steve- LOLOLOLOLOL :p
Andrew

meaven still hasn't sent me his info... If I don't hear from him by tomorrow. I should be able to send some to everyone that sent me an address. If I do hear from him, the last person on the list will be scratched.
Andrew

Okay- never heard from him.. so they went out today. Yes yours too jefforever :) there ARE some black ones in the bags... just dont' use them. it was easier to collect them all then sort out the live and dead ones :p they've been bagged a while so sow asap. They're coming in yellow bubble envelopes.

pygmyies dews

If any body wants some gemmea in the fall I will have D.Scopiodes for trade any cp exept
vft andnon carnivorous plants

never mind

Back