What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, so if you've followed the thread in the ID This Plant forum http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108031 you know that I have this enormous shrub of a nepenthes that has no pitchers. You may also know that I just found out that the nursery where I found it fertilized it with blooming fertilizer mixed with water and added to the soil.

So I need to repot and detox this sucker.

I am also going to also be pruning it down a little bit and thought I'd offer some of the cuttings on here. The plant is growing quite happily and while I don't have an exact number of basal shoots, there are at least 10. It just doesn't have any pitchers.

Most think that it is a N. "miranda" but we don't know for sure.

With all of that said, I'd like to offer cuttings up for a trade if possible. I'm going to start small with maybe 5 or 6 cuttings. I'm not sure just how large these ought to be but there will be at least 2 or 3 leaves per cutting and the leaves seem to be hanging out around the 12-14 inch range not counting the tendrils.

I'm hoping to pick up some new plants in return, but that isn't a requirement (but it'd be really really nice!).

-I will send it freshly cut, wrapped in damp LFS. I will dip it in some rooting compound if you'd like, I will cut the base if you'd like and I'll cut the leaves if you'd like. Or I'll just snip and ship if you'd prefer to do the other stuff your way.

-This is a large plant so if there is a trade involved, I'd appreciate something comperable in return. Nothing against D. capensis, but that just doesn't seem like a fair exchange!

-If you don't have anything comperable to trade at this time and I send you a clipping, please share something from your collection with somebody else that can benefit from it. I don't need a S. purpurea venosa but plenty of others do. Send them one instead. (I could use a purpurea purpurea though!)

-I'm interested in stuff not on my list http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=823332#post823332 but will certainly consider mature specimens of some of the ones already on there. I am particularly interested in Sarracenia (either hybrids or "normal" species) but will entertain suggetsions.

-I am not interested in seeds at this time.

-I am not interested in non-CPs at this time.

This is a good offer for those that like mystery. This may be a miranda so don't go for it if you have one and don't want another one. It may not be. If you like the unknown variable, drop me a line!

Received my cutting(s) today. Holy freakin moley!!!! Very nice cuttings, thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!

I second the Holy freakin moley !! I need to get a bigger growing area :) THANKS !

Well thank you for giving them a home. The vines that snapped during repotting would have just died otherwise. That would have just been a waste. Best of luck with the growing.

thanks for the cuttings! now i just need to find where to put it...CAUSE IT'S SO FREAKIN HUGE!

Back