What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

orchid seeds

ne3p

i think i planted them a little too close together
since i have quite clearly neither the experience nor the resources to grow orchid seeds, is anyone else interested in them?

note that i am in the UK, and so won't be able to send them to places like the US.

they are probably self pollinated, and the seed pod came from this orchid (note that this flower is at least one month old, and so the colours were originally better):

100_1452.sized.jpg

hmm, it even has cobwebs...

if you dont find any takers.....................Check out this thread and see if you can find yourself some of this stuff. i know of atleast one individual who has succesfully germinated orchid seed using this kinda stuff........its a long shot but if no one takes the seeds and you want to experiment than it might be worth a shot

it's a better idea that the one i'm currently trying, which involves banana. it should be interesting to see what turns up on the banana anyway...

whats the banana trick? to be honest ive never attempted to even get seeds from my orchids so ive never looked into raising them. just know of someone i was chatting with about the above fungi that he had sucessfully grown some sorta orchid from seed using the stuff

there ia an old way you may try as an experiment that is using 1/2 a banana mashed in a sterile bowl heated & put in a sterile jar put a nail hole in the lid & fill that with the cotton from a cotton bud wet with a fungicide . when the banana cools sprinkle seeds on top ,replace lid & PRAY. keep in a warm medium light level area & wait .orchid seed is not viable for long as it it is very fine & carries no food source .

it was fun to do anyway, especially sterilising the banana

Back