What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Drosera aliciae

It appears my place just sold out of them before I could get my order in. So if anyone has any and would like to work out a deal please send me a PM.

Mine are putting out flowers now. Would you like me to save you some seed? They grow very quickly. They're becoming something of a weed for me.

D. aliciae flowering is quite rare. That's good success.

I'd be willing to trade mine I suppose. It hasn't given me much luck, but it's in good condition. None of my Sundews have -.-.

Oh well. I didn't PM him first.

It's rare? They bloom rather routinely for me, I just cut off the flower stalks early to prevent it from weakening the plant/spreading seed among all my pots.

Same here, one of the only Drosera that produces viable seed in my little setup is D.aliciae, most either get fried by the lights or grow past them and kinda peter out in the darkness above :D

It's rare? They bloom rather routinely for me, I just cut off the flower stalks early to prevent it from weakening the plant/spreading seed among all my pots.
He must be thinking about another dew - these guys bloom like weeds!

I think I figured it out- when I was younger, so much younger than todaaaay (sorry)
I got D.adelae and D.aliciae mixed up a lot- D.adelae flowers but (supposedly) rarely sets seeds- I think that explains the mystery maybe?? :D

I hate you :(.

Lol, yeah, maybe I got adelae and aliciae mixed up.

aliciae is a weird plant. some flower, some dont. it doesnt really seem to depend that much on conditions either, from what i've heard. mine flowers once in a while, and i dont have the greatest conditions for sundews, and some people that grow dews exclusively cant get them to EVER flower.

maybe theres a bad lineage and a good lineage...

This is indeed an unusual species. D. aliciae blooms for me about 1 time a year. I usually get a single flower stalk from a single plant out of the 5 or 6 in the pot. The rest just sit there. Unfortunately, as was mentioned previously, they tend to fry in the lights or grow on to oblivion above. I have yet to get seed from my D. aliciae plants.

D. adelae on the other hand, well that's a different story. D. adelae, for me, flowers almost continuously. It has never set seed to my knowledge. I have never seen seedlings popping up in neighboring pots, so I assume that it is not seeding. It grows from root sprouts EVERYWHERE!! What a cool plant. :)

Steve

EDIT: Errmm uhhhh... to get back on topic.. if you want some D. adelae I will be happy to help you out with flowering sized plants. Can't help with the other one though.. sorry.

Back