What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Darlingtonia

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hey guys. I'm looking for a Darlingtonia. I could never grow one since it's so hot, and now that I'm growing in the basement I can. PM me and we can work out a dealio :)

No teeny tiny babies please :) But also no monster-sized 2 foot tall plants please!

Darlingtonia

PMing

Offer is still open so others can PM me, too. I have Sarracenia and Nepenthes.

Hey guys. I'm looking for a Darlingtonia. I could never grow one since it's so hot, and now that I'm growing in the basement I can. PM me and we can work out a dealio :)

No teeny tiny babies please :) But also no monster-sized 2 foot tall plants please!

Don't we all...mine keep burning. :-(

I recently cooked 99 seedlings. Lets hope the 1 that survived the heat will lead to a more warmth tolerant strain..

Why don't you get the mountain varity? I just some seedlings. I guess they supposed to be able take the heat.

The mountain populations require more in the way of dormancy - longer, colder. They're used to getting snowed under at times.

**** is carrying them (Mountain Variety) now, but they are only seedlings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was looking for something about... 2 or 3 times the size of one of those dinky lowes cube ones.

***** is carrying them (Mountain Variety) now, but they are only seedlings.

I'm not even gonna say it but you know what I'm thinking.

Yeah I just got from here a week ago. My whole pot is full of seedlings. They're still going good in the sun and 85 hotness right now. If they need a colder dormancy then I'm in the right place too I guess. This is the only place though that has the mountain from what I've seen. Grab em up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even gonna say it but you know what I'm thinking.

Or you could just click the "report" button and do some service for the boards.

xvart.

The seeds I got from the ICPS seedbank are from Sierra Co, NV which are the mountain populations.

With luck maybe in 4 or 5 years my plants will be almost the size of the cube of death ones.

I don't snitch.

Seeds are better though. Maybe it's me but I like them young so you can see it grow up and all that. Maybe that's why I keep buying seeds. Plus if you do it right you get more for less.

Yeah I was looking for something about... 2 or 3 times the size of one of those dinky lowes cube ones.

In spite of being tissue cultured and neglected, as long as you know what you're looking for, in terms of reasonable health, it's a pretty good purchase. Just avoid putting them near streams!

cali1.jpg

cali2.jpg

Best one I have .. it is a lowes cube, but a large cube grown up for a cpl months.

I'll PM you but i still want more, people :)

I don't find Darlingtonia all that attractive; however, I'm sure at some point a little later on I will get attracted to their beauty. Are you looking to get a whole arsenal, Clint? You want tons? lol.

I don't snitch.

Then don't complain.

xvart.

Well not TONS lol. I figured a few could go in the basement and a few on our creek up here at the cabin.

Back