What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Many Proboscidea Devil's Claw Seed (Almost identical to Ibicella)

I have three different varieties of Proboscidea Devil's Claw seed for trade, including a rare multiclawed form. I should have many seedlings as well very soon.

Ibicella Lutea and Proboscidea are both known as Devil's Claw, both look almost identical except for different colored flowers, and both produce mucilege all over their bodies. I have heard varieties of opinions on which one(s) is/are carnivorous; which ones use bacterial action or which ones produce weak enzymes. I my self am not sure on that issue, but they do catch a lot of bugs!

I am looking for Darlingtonia, Heliamphora, Cephalotus, Drosophyllum, Roridula, and Aldrovanda. Though, I just want to get rid of the excess plants, so I'll consider any offers. Plenty of seed!

I want some seeds of any of those but I don't have anything you want

Dang, yeah, you're asking for pretty rare stuff there or plants that many people can't grow well! I've always wanted to go Proboscidea because I heard it was easy with room to grow. Out of that I only have Darlingtonia but I only have one. Darn!

PMing :D

Ill take just about anything. Those are just ones I want. So if you're interested, feel free to say whatever you've got.

Would you take a new born PYgmy Sundew Hybrid (D. nitidula x ericksoniae) And what kind of plant is a devils claw again?

And I might trade it

Devil's Claw is a scrambling vine resembling a melon plant. It is totally covered in smelly goo that catches plenty of insects. Whether or not it is a true carnivore is debated. The Seed Pod has two sharp protrusions that give the plant its name.

And sure, Ill trade some for a the pygmy. Pm me.

And what kind of plant is a devils claw again?

Don't you think you should KNOW what kind of plant it is before you try to acquire and grow it? It seems a little silly to offer something for the seed if you have no idea what the plant is, it's requirements, it's adult SIZE to know if you can accomodate it. This plant requires special treatment to the seed to even germinate.

Here:

http://waynesword.palomar.edu/ww0801.htm

I thought you ran a nursery? You should know these things Pon14.

So I don't have any devils claws. So what, I have heard of them just didn't know any "specs"

Thats why you look them up instead of ignorantly posting over and over about things you have done 0 research on. You need to look things up first instead of just seeing "free (insert plant item here)" and trying to get whatever it is and as many as you can with no knowledge whatsoever. Also, don't jump on every single giveaway.

Will someone please send this guy to banned camp already? yeesh.

Just thought I'd let all know exactly what the seed are:

Domesticated Multi-claw
Proboscidea spp.. White-seeded, each pod splits into 3-4 claws. Average claw length is 8 inches.

Paiute
Proboscidea parviflora var. hohokamiana. A white-seeded domesticated variety grown on the Shivwits Paiute Reservation in southwest Utah.

Tohono O'odham Domesticated
Proboscidea parviflora var. hohokamiana.. "i:hug," pronounced "e? hook." Selected by basket makers for the extremely long (up to 15 inch) claws. White seeds.

P.S.-I'm also interested in Ultricularia

Thats why you look them up instead of ignorantly posting over and over about things you have done 0 research on. You need to look things up first instead of just seeing "free (insert plant item here)" and trying to get whatever it is and as many as you can with no knowledge whatsoever.

Especially since there are three posts in the "quasi carnivorous plant" forum here at TF on the first page, at least two of which are about germination.

xvart.

Rockstar is the last one. Thanks for the trades everybody.

Back