What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Byblis pollen

Yes I know that sounds odd...

Anyway my filifolia is about to come into flower, so I am looking for pollen, preferably:
1) B. gigantea (need to see if making a hybrid is possible)
2) B. filifolia (need 2 diff plants to make seed)
3) other Byblis to see if hybridization can be done

I'm guessing it'll be at least a week before the first flower opens, so if anyone has anything coming into bloom/already in bloom, let me know ASAP.

Thanks

I have one flower open now and one on the way. Well it just rained so I dunno if the current one is still good. It would be easy for me to freeze the whole flowers (dried) and send them to you when you're ready.

Awwww yeahhhh.
What species is it btw? But yeah I'd like the whole flower if possible. I'll let you know in a few days when its getting closer to opening...right now the bud is pretty tiny, but growing quickly.
We'll split seed 50/50 of course...assuming it actually works (if its another species)

It's B. filifolia. I just picked and am drying a flower for you, and I have 4 more on the way if you'd like to wait on them. They are all on the same plant, in various stages of development.

Yeah i'll take everything I can get.
Btw, 1) how tall is yours? 2) is it still sticking straight up? Mine fell over a few weeks after it germinated (cuz I breathed on it too hard lol) and is more of a scrambler than a stickerupper

It's 3 or 4 inches tall, it's sticking striaght up (grown in full sun and fertilized, of course).

I'll post a picture tomorrow when the sun's out. Mine flopped over in the rain but starting growing straight up again. Out of 20 seeds, this is the only one that survived the cold snap of 07:( Hey, I guess one plant is better than none, right?

3 or 4 inches!??! Dude mine is like a foot long.... (heh heh heh)
This is a chamber from last year that nothing sprouted in...so ignore the moss and mold spores that have both taken root in there. I had a bunch of seed germinate but killed all but one cuz I accidentally got fungicide on them. Oh well. Here's mine:

DCP_1761.jpg

It's only a couple months old. It looks pretty different from yours, much more compact.

I got it from Chuck so I assume it's real. You can see a pic tomorrow and decide if you still want it.

EDIT:
Actually I just found out we left the camera at the cabin. You'll have to wait on pics, but I will take them as soon as I can.

Oh I still want it....if its real, good, if its a diff species and it produces viable hybrid seed...better

Want to do a 3-way? I have one that is about to flower. It's a B. filifolia from Chuck. Let me know how I can get in on this too.

Want to do a 3-way?
Lol, and yes.

Is your inbox still full or can you take messages? Let me know and I'll PM you my address.
Just out o curiosity, does yours look like Clint's or more like mine?

You can send me a pm, it's only about 85% full now. Mine looks more like Clint's.

Oh god this conversation is sounding so wrong right now. :hug:

Here's some pics of mine.

222388941O833895065.jpg

222389005O202628625.jpg

222389009O012087357.jpg

That looks like mine. We both got ours from the same person. Maybe they look more like yours as they will get older, or maybe we got mislabeled plants. I'll get a flower pic as soon as I see one open. So far, I've got 2 flowers dried and frozen for you.

Sorry if the my windows ruined the shot lol.

DSC02526.jpg

DSC02525.jpg

DSC02524.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

Grows pretty fast with fertilizer. I should also note that it's growing in full sun with the Sarracenia, so maybe that's why it's short and compact.

Ey did either of you guys end up sending flowers/pollen yet? The first flower is about to open like...today (or tomorrow). Another flower is on the way in another couple of days.

You never gave me your address, silly. PM me and I'll send two out today.

Mine first flower is just about to open now. I guess the timing is not going to work. You could send me some pollen.

Oh and Clint next time you take a pic, please leave out the windows, that;s was just awful it ruined the whole pic for me.

Lmao, never mind the dead bugs coving it lmao

Here is a bad picture of a flower....and a developing pod. I guess it's B. liniflora.

I didn't pay for B. liniflora seed :mad:

DSC02557.jpg

DSC02554.jpg

DSC02556.jpg

Bump. I try not to double post but I think this is an OK exception. I saw your reply on the listserve, Phission, and figured I'd bump this. I'm quite embarrassed to think that people reading the listserve would think I blew you off, when I replied to your bump twice (with pictures), and you're the one who never got back to me. Luckily you didn't mention my name, however I felt compelled to clear things up publicly (since there's a public record of this thread and your listserve reply) You never gave me an address to send anything to, PM'd me or replied to this thread after my last two posts. I can't fax you the flowers, and I can't read your mind and decipher your address OR make you respond to my replies after ten days.

It's B. liniflora, I guess. If you're still interested I can start collecting spent flowers again for you. I stopped collecting flowers since you never got back to me with your address, and assumed you had lost interest. I'm not mad, however I don't want public opinion of me skewed. I take my trading reputation quite seriously.

Yeah after I bumped it on the 1st, the topic never "lit up" again, so I thought it just kind of died. For some reason I wasn't aware of ANY of the posts after I bumped on the 1st. Odd. Sometimes this board does that to me, and other times, after I have read a topic multiple times, it continues to say there are new posts for hours, when there in fact are none. If you still want to do this, start collecting flowers again and PM me when you get a couple. I have at least 2 more flowers on their way and one open now, so let's get this show on the road asap.

Sorry about the confusion or whatever. I would've PM'd you/done something if I had known!

It's alright, I'm not mad or anything. Just a little embarrassed.

PM me your address.

Back