What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever wanted to try growing Aldrovanda? Here's your chance. I have handfuls of the stuff, I grow it in my planted aquariums. It is a tropical form from Darwin, Australia, which I received from a reputable source (a plant biologist from UConn). I've been growing this for about 3 years now, it has been flowering for the past 2 1/2 years or so. It is mostly green, with red and yellow mixed in. It has no detectable algae. It is probably the best-looking Aldrovanda you've ever seen! Don't believe me? I can provide references.

I am interested in making trades for interesting Sarrs, temperate sundews, pygmy sundews, or any other interesting CPs. If you've got some other Aldrovanda form (e.g. "all red"), I would be very interested. I'm really not all that interested in trading for highland Neps, Helis or any other CPs that require those cool nightime temps (I just don't have the proper conditions for them, I wish I did!). I don't have a lot of room either for lowland neps, but would be interested in rarer species (campanulata, etc.).

In short, I'm not sure what I want exactly, but I'll know when I see it...just try me. I am willing to adjust the amount of Aldrovanda for trade (a few strands, a handful...), depending on the trade. Please be prepared to provide a picture of the exact item you wish to trade.

Also, I could throw in some small aquatic snails (non-Aldrovanda-eating), and some aquatic bladderworts (I don't know the species) if you're interested.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. Feel free to post any questions.

Here's some pics:

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

Pmed

I've posted my growlist:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109474

I'll be more clear what I'd like to trade for:

I'm super-interested in other varieties of Aldrovanda...especially the all red form from Australia.

Any U.S. native temperate sundews I don't have (you've got some rotundifolia don't you?)..or other temperate sundews. I'm also interested in any pygmy sundews I don't have. I might be interested in other tropical sundews I don't have.

Any Sarrs I don't have, including interesting varieties. And I could use another leucophylla, or rubra, mine look bad. I might be interested in any Sarr you would want to trade though.

Temperate pings I don't have (I have one) maybe, no tropicals though.

Harder to find lowland Neps I don't have...but not Highland Neps...or Helis.

Temperate Utrics...I have none. No tropicals.

Cephs...of course.

VFTs...maybe.

I dashed off a quick PM.

Pmd

Okay, enough for now :-)) I'm in the process of getting back to all that have contacted me so far. I'll post again in a month or so with another opportunity :bigthumpup:

Back