Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pyro's end of summer getting rid of plants post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got mine today. The regias blackened a bit from shipping (as expected from picky plants) and the pings were in great condition, i found them really hard to transplant as they had bearly any roots, i just put them over the substrate and hoped they would root themselves. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And we are all done.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got mine the other day as well. The pings you sent me unfortunately died the day after I potted them up. There just didn't seem to be any root system (like it was mentioned above in a previous post) but oh well. The D. regia blackened a bit but the clump is definitely still alive. I'm hoping they settle in and start growing soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The regia continued to blacken, however its growing points are resisting and a yellow whitish color. Im sure it'll survive. The pings are a stranger case. The moctezumae is flowering, or will be next week, the bud is just barely beginning to poke out. EXTREMELY unexpected. The tips of their leaves are suffering a bit but they will survive. Is anyone other than me and lleopardggecko noticing their leafs blackening? Did your plants survive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received the Pings in perfect shape last night--and a donation to ABG (plus shipping) is on the way! Thanks for the great opportunity Pyro!
    Fishing: A Perpetual Series of Occasions for Hope....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my plants the other day and they are splendid! Thank you so much!

-J.P.

p.s. to those who are having problems are you slowly hardening these off or did you just pot them up and leave them exposed? I was under the impression that since these plants are relatively fresh out of TC that they need to be babied a bit. Am I correct?
    Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the plants are already in shock, hello the 3 day shipping is enough stress, no way around it, its a question of recovery.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone, I had received my plants on the 13th. Here are my D. regia plants as of just now. I have taken the precautions as to hardening them off.. This meaning, making sure to rinse off all of the agar (if any was left... Pyro did a great job of cleaning them off!!) potting them up, and having them in a bag for higher humidity, without being too wet, and keeping them out of strong sun. Hope it helps as a reference. And YES this is my first attempt at TC as is probably for most of you too.

-Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast