Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pyro's end of summer getting rid of plants post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I basically just threw my D. regia out there, and so far they took quite a hit but there's still some green there. Hopefully the roots will take hold in the next few weeks and some new, healthy leaves will develop.

Sarracenia in another life.... rockstarcobain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ditto. My regia had a rough start, but the blackening of the leaf tips is slowing down a bit. The Pings took no slow down. They are on fire. And no not literally. The plants were rinsed, potted up and put in my high humidity terrarium. They will all survive now. I have lost a few regia, though. Maybe two actually.
    It is better to burn out, than to fade away....

Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=108495

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My regia arrived almost completely black, just a touch of green in one or two leaves. I potted it and bagged it a couple days ago. I just checked it and it is completely blackened/brown. These plants will die down to the root so hopefully it will come back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    My regia arrived almost completely black, just a touch of green in one or two leaves. I potted it and bagged it a couple days ago. I just checked it and it is completely blackened/brown. These plants will die down to the root so hopefully it will come back.
    I'm banking on the root thing too. I remember reading a while back that D. regia has the tendency to come back from the roots, so I figure that even if the top dies off, the roots may still surprise me.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The "root thing" is completely true. I've seen it happen more than once in my collection... For D. regia 'Big Easy' at least. lose 1 plant, get 3 back... haha
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received 2 or 3 D. regias and a few P. launea's, a few days ago. The pings were all green on arrival and still are. The sundews were mostly green, with a some black and brown. I got the package minutes after it was delivered, right before heading to work. So I took a few minutes to unpack and pot up. Never would have thought to rinse any of the agar and decided against keeping them in the bags. So I just set them open tray, in the LFS that they came in, but with indirect lighting to start them out. As far as I can tell, they weren't set back at all. I see one emergent leaf from a regia crown and it is still turgid to the touch. In other words, I think it is alive and growing. One existent leaf might actually have dew on it.

Thanks, Travis!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a another look at my pot of D. regia just now and there's lots of little plants starting to make their way up out of the soil. A great sight to bear witness to since I was afraid I had lost the clump altogether!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My D. regia came quite green and are doing good.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 11-14-2007 at 12:53 PM.
    Max

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast