Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pyro's end of summer getting rid of plants post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with my P. laueana was pretty similar to jimscott's. I had to let my plants sit the way they were shipped for about 3 days, with the baggie open for breathing. Potted them up about a week ago, and stuck them under lights. There has been some crisping of leaves at the tips, but new leaves are coming in on most of the plants, so we'll see. There were about a jillion little tiny plantlets, and I'm not sure how these are going to make out. But most of the biggest plants look like they're acclimating. Can't wait to see how they come out. Updates and photos when I get the time. Maybe another week or so....

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The D. regia is still black and is starting to get some fuzz on it. I don't remember if I rinsed it or not, I thought I did. I'm afeared tis daid. So it goes.

BogIron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro,
    I received my plants yesterday and they look great. With your directions in hand I started out on my first attempt with TC produced plants. I started with the P. montezumae and got them cleaned and separated. I used a 1/4inch acrylic paint brush for this job. I put everything that looked like a plant on some squeezed-out sphagnum moss that I had cut into small pieces and into a clear plastic container for humidity.

The D. paradoxa was so packed that I worked with it for a while but ran out of night. The plants look great but the mass of interconnecting roots are slowing me down. I will work tonight to keep all the roots I can.

What a great experience! I want to do TC but haven't been successful- except for an
    African Violet that I really didn't want 100s of plants from. It is thrilling to deflask all those new plants.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Gale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pings are doing great they doubled in size,my anglica is okay abit of blackening but barely so I am keeping that mnore humi and the regia only one has a hea;thy looking growing point but the other 6 or so will come back from there roots

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of pings, these plants don't look like the plant I received last year. Perhaps it's like comparing a "Lowes Cube Of Death" D. adelae from time of purchase to months later, when acclimated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My D.regia are doing pretty well in my grow rack as I am slowly acclimating them to their new home.

However the D.kenneallyi ain’t doin’ so well……. I think that the transplant shock may be doing it in. Its fragile little petioles continue to shrink back and turn black. Will a petiolaris-complex like this come-back from its roots or when it appears dead, it is indeed dead??
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Fry,

If the kenneallyi still has a bulb it'll come back. THis species can be shocky and a transplant can cause it to go into dormancy. Try upping the heat and keeping it damp but not sodden and see if that pulls it out.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do Pyro.

I'll put it up on the top shelf where the light and heat is higher than that of the second shelf.

I hope it does come back......I think the petiolaris-complex' are kinda cool, but I know they're difficult for a CP newb like me.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast