What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Search of a MONSTER and a GIANT

Hiya Everyone :D -

In less than a month, my wife and I will have a greenhouse in our backyard :boogie:

I (I mean "we") have decided that we would like to make it a lowland hothouse and would like to have a MONSTER specimens of a Nepenthes bicalcarta and a GIANT form of Nepenthes rafflesiana, specifically the Sarawak Bau giant.

Any chance do you folks know of any sources of where I can obtain said beasties? :help:

Please PM me with any info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Good Growing Everyone :banana2:

Bo:-D

You can't mention or ask for people to mention other vendors other than www.FlyTrapShop.com here.

If you are looking for plants of that SIZE then good luck, if you are looking for the varieties then maybe someone on here may be of some help. Try doing your own research online for possible vendors to these plants.

i would also recommend getting an n. sumatrana-it gets HUGE with awsome pitchers. and merriliana-possibly the biggest nep pitcher ever.

Just get a small one-the fun is in growing the plant, isn't it?

i love growing out a little 1"er out. Imagine a pic in a couple years, 1" plant to 24" pitcher!!!!:-O

NeciFiX-

Oops Sorry, my bad.

Nepenthes gracilis-

As for luck, doesn't hurt to ask, who knows whats available.

I have contacted alot of major nurseries in my quest, and so far, I'm still questing.

Obregon562-

Yes, the Sumatrana does develop some HUGE beatiful pitchers (something I may look into later), but right now, those are the two that I would really want.

Nepenthusiast, Obregon562-

I totally understand where you two are coming from, but I'm kinda impatient. I'd like to walk into my greenhouse and just see two huge Neps staring at me from the back of my greenhouse.

But thanks to all of you for taking the time to read my post and repling.

Bo

Last edited:
big neps usually cost $$$$ when you can find them for sale..........ive bought cuttings from big plants before and it wasnt cheap..........very hapy about what i got but wasnt cheap.......just FYI........unless you find some place looking to get rid of them ofcourse

Back